Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Another Blow for Scottish Independence

Oh dear ...

The people of Scotland would vote against separatism in a second Scottish independence ballot according to two new polls that will weaken First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s demands for a referendum rerun after losing 2014’s “once in a lifetime” vote.

One of the polls, by Sevanta ComRes, shows 48 percent of Scots saying No to independence and just 45 percent saying Yes, which would shake out as a 52/48 victory for the UK if undecideds are removed.

https://foxhole.news/2021/04/22/doub...two-new-polls/
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 02:03 PM

Re: Another Blow for Scottish Independence

Good news indeed, fingers crossed!
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 11:53 AM

As I read it She wishes to hold a referendum by 2024 with or without the permission of Westminster. The last country to try this was the Spanish Seperatists around Barcelona. They held their referendum and announced their Government with the leaders and ministers. Madrid refused to accept this and sent in the Police and the Army. The leaders were arrested and sentenced to prison terms.
Has the SNP leader chosen her Gaol yet?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
As I read it She wishes to hold a referendum by 2024 with or without the permission of Westminster. The last country to try this was the Spanish Seperatists around Barcelona. They held their referendum and announced their Government with the leaders and ministers. Madrid refused to accept this and sent in the Police and the Army. The leaders were arrested and sentenced to prison terms.
Comparifors not hold up I’m afraid. Are you advocating maintaining the Union by force now?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
The nationalists won't listen.

More people voted to be part of the UK.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 02:02 PM

I'm all in favour of a referendum to determine the future of Scotland but I believe the question should be asked across the whole of the UK, I'm pretty sure it would yield a resounding YES! in favour.

Especially if it was a very hard independence with a very hard border, best of all armed, absolutely NO subsidies of any form, and Scotland's part of the UK national debt to be repaid, and absolutely NO shared currency involved.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I'm all in favour of a referendum to determine the future of Scotland but I believe the question should be asked across the whole of the UK, I'm pretty sure it would yield a resounding YES! in favour.

Especially if it was a very hard independence with a very hard border, best of all armed, absolutely NO subsidies of any form, and Scotland's part of the UK national debt to be repaid, and absolutely NO shared currency involved.
And we'll take back Faslane and Fylingdales plus any other military installations. Plus cancel any naval shipbuilding contracts that might be current at the time.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
And we'll take back Faslane and Fylingdales plus any other military installations. Plus cancel any naval shipbuilding contracts that might be current at the time.
Psst! Fylingdales is in Yorkshire!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Psst! Fylingdales is in Yorkshire!
Oh, of course it is . What's the name of the radar place on the east coast of Scotland with an RAF base attached to it? A ha! I've just remembered - RAF Lossiemouth.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:17 PM

As a Scot, I wish she would stop banging on about independence. I think it would be the worst idea ever, and I would never vote for it. For her (Nicola Sturgeon) she seems to think that gaining independence would be the dream....no it would not, I can assure her. It would be the start of Scotland becoming like Northern Ireland with regard to sectarian violence. Plus there is no future plans, no indication of where the money to finance in independent Scotland would come from. She just wants Independence on her record, and she will regret it. I didn't vote for it before, and I will not vote for it again.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top