Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 04:41 PM

Batley and Spen by-election

Wow, what a surprise - well, not really. The Labour candidate (the late Jo Cox's sister) won yesterday's by-election by a 323 votes majority over the Conservative candidate in 2nd place. Considering that the Labour majority in the 2019 GE was something like 3200, I suggest Sir Kneelalot has some very serious thinking to do.

On the Today show on R4 this morning they were interviewing Dianne Abbottamus about this and she said this was a GREAT victory! O M G, is that woman deluded or not? Since when has a fall of ~90% in your majority ever counted as a GREAT victory?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 04:49 PM

Re: Batley and Spen by-election

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Wow, what a surprise - well, not really. The Labour candidate (the late Jo Cox's sister) won yesterday's by-election by a 323 votes majority over the Conservative candidate in 2nd place. Considering that the Labour majority in the 2019 GE was something like 3200, I suggest Sir Kneelalot has some very serious thinking to do.

On the Today show on R4 this morning they were interviewing Dianne Abbottamus about this and she said this was a GREAT victory! O M G, is that woman deluded or not? Since when has a fall of ~90% in your majority ever counted as a GREAT victory?
I suppose she sees it as a victory that they hung onto their
constituency Percy ?
They were expecting to get slaughtered !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 04:52 PM

But wasn't the fly in the ointment George Galloway who creamed off 8000+ likely Labour votes?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:07 PM

I suspect that more than a few Labour supporters would be delighted to see him replace Starmer.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
But wasn't the fly in the ointment George Galloway who creamed off 8000+ likely Labour votes?
Oh, l didn't know that !
There must be a lot of jocks in that area then?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:28 PM

According to press reports, the only reason Labour won by 300-odd votes was the fact that postal votes are commonly used in that area.
As we all know, postal votes are particular favourites of a certain element of society (which I should not name), and the Labour party seems to be their preferred political party.

How long, I wonder, before the government and voting authorities see through this practice?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:30 PM

Hardly a mid-term protest vote outcome though.

As for Abbottomlesspileofshite, Labour would do itself a whole heap of favours if they ditched the whole heap of her.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hardly a mid-term protest vote outcome though.

As for Abbottomlesspileofshite, Labour would do itself a whole heap of favours if they ditched the whole heap of her.
But the awful woman is so damn popular with one sector of the Labour supporters! They LIKE her and believe what she says.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But the awful woman is so damn popular with one sector of the Labour supporters! They LIKE her and believe what she says.
Brings us back to the question as to whether only those with an appropriate mental capacity should be allowed to vote.

Edit - I can't really see how some people view her as a role model.

A roll model yes, but not a role model
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 07:57 PM

As for Abbottomlesspileofshite
Quelle bon mot! Far more descriptive than my 'Abbopotamus'.

Brings us back to the question as to whether only those with an appropriate mental capacity should be allowed to vote.
Yes. I fear there has been some negative change over the past years in that voting age has been reduced from 21 to 18. We now see that the Labour party and the Fish Woman are hoping to reduce that further still, and I assume that their intentions are to obtain votes from the naive young who are so easily persuaded by their lefty teachers to lean toward their own particular politics.

(There is also the question of postal voting which, I believe, is being abused by certain people, but that's for another thread.)

Personally, I believe that there is a strong case for raising the voting age back to 21, or possibly even older. I think it is important that those people who have the power to vote for our leaders should have sufficient experience of life and, of course, politics before they qualify for that right.

I wonder how many more people (if any) agree with me on that point.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top