Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:30 AM

Do you like listening to

What other people have got to say?

About their past life?

Family?

Work?

Anything really.

Personally,I love listening to other people , we do plenty of it don’t we?

Doctors.

Politicians.

So many people we listen to, when you think about it, on a daily basis.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:36 AM

Re: Do you like listening to

Yes, its is good to listen but, there are some folks who genuinely have nothing to say, took years to understand that concept.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:38 AM

No! Not really.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
No! Not really.
Haha! Me neither.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, its is good to listen but, there are some folks who genuinely have nothing to say, took years to understand that concept.

I would imagine that would depend on the individual.

The one who is listening.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:13 AM

As long as they don’t go on and on and on about their ailments, operations and then show you the scars!

Some people you could listen to all day, others just send you to sleep!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I would imagine that would depend on the individual.

The one who is listening.
I don't really want to listen to someone telling a story, then finding out it happened in 1974! Or someone who never gets to the point, because there is always a backstory "just to give it some context"

I suppose it depends on the story-teller themselves really.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-07-2021, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
As long as they don’t go on and on and on about their ailments, operations and then show you the scars!

Quite a few have done that on here, showing their scars, haven’t we Art?

I know we all see things differently, when some people keep going on and on about a certain illness,

I think it helps them to cope when someone listens to them, especially if they have no family....

It can get draining, that’s when to take a break....some people are extremely good at listening to people like that.

We had a member on here who listened and supported another member. through his cancer until he died..she was certainly committed...never forgot that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Quite a few have done that on here, showing their scars, haven’t we Art?

I know we all see things differently, when some people keep going on and on about a certain illness,

I think it helps them to cope when someone listens to them, especially if they have no family....

It can get draining, that’s when to take a break....some people are extremely good at listening to people like that.

We had a member on here who listened and supported another member...she was certainly committed...never forgot that.
Why, oh why do l bother?

Like in Dragons Den.... l’m Out...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-07-2021, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Why, oh why do l bother?

Like in Dragons Den.... l’m Out...

All I said was, we have showed our scars....yours looked far worse than mine Art..

Mine has healed up nicely has yours?

I was grateful of the support on here at that time, I felt dreadful after my heart operation...

Just kind words that I received from members helped me, I didn’t feel so alone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top