Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:24 PM

A northern summer

So, what’s different in your daily routine now that it’s summertime?

I’ve heard it said that the sunshine lasts all of one week - is that true (asking for a friend)
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:25 PM

Re: A northern summer

None whatsoever, apart from watering the garden when it's dry.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
None whatsoever, apart from watering the garden when it's dry.
But doesn’t it rain cats and dogs up there? Everything looks so green
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
But doesn’t it rain cats and dogs up there? Everything looks so green
We do have the occasional few days of dryness, sometimes stretching to a week or two.

Once we hit a month or so of no rain then we often get a hosepipe ban since we're not really geared up to store huge amounts of water in giant reservoirs, and nor do we even contemplate a desalination plant.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 12:32 AM

well for me it's just mowing the lawn and watering the plants...and then sitting out in the sun for an hour or two...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We do have the occasional few days of dryness, sometimes stretching to a week or two.

Once we hit a month or so of no rain then we often get a hosepipe ban since we're not really geared up to store huge amounts of water in giant reservoirs, and nor do we even contemplate a desalination plant.
That’s really interesting.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by paula ->
well for me it's just mowing the lawn and watering the plants...and then sitting out in the sun for an hour or two...
That sounds like complete bliss
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:39 AM

I wear as few clothes as is decently possible, and run, walk, and cycle the long hot summer days away, and then write about them on here.... It used to be lazing around a swimming pool in Guernsey, Spain or Greece, but covid has put paid to that.....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Same for me. I'm well past the sitting in the sun stage unless I've gone fishing for the day.

Usually our summers last for 5 or 6 days and then it absolutely lashes down and turns cold again.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wear as few clothes as is decently possible, and run, walk, and cycle the long hot summer days away, and then write about them on here.... It used to be lazing around a swimming pool in Guernsey, Spain or Greece, but covid has put paid to that.....
Are you going to run any races anytime soon sly old grey🦊

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top