Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:06 AM

Re: Me, me, me.

She has no choice, being a Bus Driver.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I'm mostly a listener anyway, so I really don't mind at all. I hear some really funny stories from the oldies around here.

About a year ago, Elsie, who lives at the end my block, told me that Brian (another neighbour) was the oldest person in the complex. She said he was 96 years old. I said that was amazing.

A few months later, I met Brian, and during his ten minute speech, he asked me how old I thought he was. Of course, I wanted to make him feel good about himself, so I told him he looked about 90. He looked at me, quite offended, and told me that he was 82!

Well, you imagine how I felt. I didn't know where to put myself.

I'm certain that Elsie did this deliberately because I've since learned that Brian asks everyone the same question and Elsie knew this full well. So Elsie was playing a trick on me to deliberately get me into trouble! LOL!

All great fun. Elsie is actually lovely and loves to have a good gut laugh every day.
Elsie sounds like my kind of woman.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:08 AM

I think we need to look at this from both sides.

I talk to lots of people and give them lots of time but l don’t think it’s fair when a stranger takes advantage of your good nature and talks incessantly without a break for over an hour.

Surely a conversation is a type of ‘contract’ where two people should interact with each other on a bit of an equal basis?

The woman who spoke to me at the bus stop and then left her home town to continue her story to me on the bus about her ex husband and her son was a bit much.

I had no input in the conversation and if l did, she wasn’t interested and carried on with her own life story.

I think those who think we are mean, should look at both sides and have some sympathy for both.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Haha. Love it. Lol. We are more alike than I realized.
It's unusual for anyone to admit they have something in common with me, Bratti.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It's unusual for anyone to admit they have something in common with me, Bratti.
Yeah but I’m a little unusual.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->

But it's important to remember,as Oscar Wilde once said,"Everybody needs good neighbours,they should be there for one another and that's when neighbours become good friends"
I never knew Oscar wrote soap themes, Psmith.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
As she started I looked blankly at her and mouthed
" sorry I'm deaf "

It worked
I wouldn't have the nerve to try that, susan, well done.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I believe you can learn something from everybody you meet.
Like learning to avoid them.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
when they start talking about people I don't know, who are ill or have passed away, that annoys me.
I know exactly what you mean. Why do people do that?
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The woman who spoke to me at the bus stop and then left her home town to continue her story to me on the bus about her ex husband and her son was a bit much.

I had no input in the conversation and if l did, she wasn’t interested and carried on with her own life story.

I think those who think we are mean, should look at both sides and have some sympathy for both.
Sounds like you were being really nice. Obviously the lady in question perceived this. So good on you, Artangel!

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top