Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: US Space Force mocked for unveiling camouflage uniforms

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
What the world should be mocking is Trump, the draft dodger, openly wanting to weaponize space.
EXACTLY!

What if the Martians haven't got oil,it will all be for nothing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
What the world should be mocking is Trump, the draft dodger, openly wanting to weaponize space.
I think that many people who have read about this new 'Space Force' seem to be living under the misapprehension of battles in space, just like 'Star Wars'!

A bit of research will reveal that what the Space Force engages in is really satellite surveillance and communication; both essential means of support for activities on the ground, the sea and in the air.

The only shooting that might go on in space in the future is by armed satellites designed to disable those of the enemy. No 'star ships' flying at 'warp factor 9' and fighting Klingons, sadly!

Oh, and by the way, I made a mistake earlier. As far as I know the American ICBMs are not controlled by the Space Force, but by the Strategic Air Command of the USAF.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, and by the way, I made a mistake earlier. As far as I know the American ICBMs are not controlled by the Space Force, but by the Strategic Air Command of the USAF.
Now, they USED TO HAVE a distinctive uniform:

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Now, they USED TO HAVE a distinctive uniform:

Yes, it's interesting that just about everyone's 'working' uniforms these days seem to be of camouflage material, even when nowhere near a battle zone.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top