Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 03:03 PM

Re: Ladies I知 in search of the bra alternative .

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Shropshiregirl thankyou for this explanation and endorsement of others recommending Sloggi .
I was last measured a couple of years ago in Debenhams .
I have a big back rather than big boobs btw.
So did you guess what Sloggi size you needed and just look at all the styles they do ?
Hi Zuleika, The Sloggi bras I always get are from a small lingerie shop in my nearest town. I usually buy two or three at a time, especially when they quite often sell them half price knocked down from 」30 to 」15. The ones I buy are labelled as 葬Sloggi Zero Feel - Bralette. They are just a little bit longer under the bust than a normal bra but they are not tight or cut in at all. Essential you choose the correct size though, Its awkward if you have what some call 葬A broad back鋳 as that problem is as bad as someone like myself with breathing problems. In normal bras we need something that feels as though we are not wearing one, but usually the only way we could ever achieve this is by using bra extenders which are fippin ridiculous. Fine if you only need to use one but I would need about three to ensure I could breathe normally but then using bra extenders, I would be nice and comfy but the cups would end up hanging down by my waist, as would the straps down my arms!!. Completely useless!
That痴 why I love the Sloggi bralette. No straps and no back fastener.

Unfortunately I wouldn稚 dare to advise you what size you should get, perhaps your normal size would fit you perfectly but to be on the safe side and ensure its not tight for someone with a broader back but ensuring you still have your correct bust size,you should do what I did and go for a Sloggi bra (sister size) which has the same cup size but wider band under the bust. For example, I am normally a 36D but in Sloggy Bralette I go for the sister size of 38c which is the same cup size but looser band. Just ensure you ask for the sister size of your normal size to ensure a looser band. it would make hardy any difference except for YOUR comfort.
The same would apply if you were say, a 40B and the underbust band was too loose, you would go for the Sloggi sister size of 38C, as the cup would be same size 40B, but a tighter fit in the band. Of course, I only know this with the Sloggi Bralette. Not sure about other Sloggi bras but would assume the same.

They are 70% polyamide and 30% elastane, which allows them plenty of give. They have no straps or fastenings at all and you just put it on as you would a sleeveless top or vest - over your head and fitting your contour. I also know they come in other colours than those that I have, such as purple, blue, silver, pink etc, but unfortunately in my local shop they only sell nude, white or black. Do I care!!? Nope.

I知 a 36D and I get a sister size of 38C which fits perfectly. The first Sloggi Bralette I bought I obviously got a 36D. It felt lovely but a fraction looser would have been brilliant. I only got that after several wear and washes, so next time I was buying I happened to be chatting with the shop assistant and it was she who told me about 葬sister sizes鋳 I never knew about it before.

Good luck if you decide to buy one or two.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Zuleika I find the Sloggi helps to stop 'flesh on flesh' and to prevent a heat rash in hot weather.
It also improves the 'not wearing a bra' look if you have on a fitted thin top or tea shirt.

I had a problem with a rash on my back last year, it was probably caused by my medication irritating a sensitive area where the nerves were damaged by shingles. Wearing a bra was a nightmare and I found a Sloggi helped.
I find that too, wore one all last Summer when the weather was really hot, though not a Sloggi make, very similar, better than no bra & the chaffing sorted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If you ladies are looking for total support, my hands are always warm and fit any size.

That deserves a good . . .

Now behave yerself.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 03:55 PM

Shropshiregirl ,is this the one on the official Sloggi site , is in their sale ,is called a Sloggi Zero Feel comes in lots of colours .
http://uk.sloggi.com/women/bras-cami...vincial%20Blue
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Shropshiregirl ,is this the one on the official Sloggi site , is in their sale ,is called a Sloggi Zero Feel comes in lots of colours .
http://uk.sloggi.com/women/bras-cami...vincial%20Blue

Hi Zuleika, looks the same but please don't pay 」30 through the official Sloggi website. You can buy them for 」15 and 」20 respectively at Amazon and Ebay. I'm sure you can get them cheaper elsewhere.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 04:23 PM

Is there anywhere we can try these Sloggi's on before we buy?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is there anywhere we can try these Sloggi's on before we buy?
After reading the above posts, I would say,
"Certainly not here!"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 08:45 PM

Ahh, my friend who died suddenly last year, raved about Sloggi and was always telling me to try them. Do they do knickers too?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 08:48 PM

A lot of high street shops sell non padded sport bras, Debenhams, M&Co, M&S, etc. Not all are Sloggi brand.
Yes Sloggi do knickers to match.
None big enough for me though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Just been looking at some of these, but the girls modelling them all look about 5 stone, with a 28" bust!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top