Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 09:53 PM

Simply the Best

We all like to think we are the best at something, well, to be better than you at something would make a person trying Stupid, would it not?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:08 PM

Re: Simply the Best

I would love to be a qualified idiot but I can't pass the exam
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:15 PM

RS, there are no certificates to be had, from the University of Life.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
We all like to think we are the best at something, well, to be better than you at something would make a person trying Stupid, would it not?
No - because we all need a purpose in life - something to strive for - or what would be the point of it all?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:27 PM

ST
so true, without a target to aim for is not the right way. I have hit my target and now can sit back and enjoy more years of hard work than I care to remember
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:41 PM

This is of, course, a question I've been contemplating quite a lot ..Hmm.. Hmm.. Hmm.. It's no good, I still am.
keezoy
Sydney, Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do we though??...I think I'm OK at a few things. But I don't think I'm the best..or anywhere near it..at anything. Don't personally know anybody else who does either. As for "stupid"..I always try to be very careful how I use that word.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 04:54 AM

I wish I was really good at something but I am not, I am the archetypal "jack of all trades, master of none".

I have an interest in many things, actually too many things, but even things I do know a bit more about than your average being (typically electrics, electronics, power generation) I am still nowhere near an expert on any of them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 05:54 AM

I don't think I excel at anything...best I can say is I'll have a go and give it a good try.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:14 AM

It's impossible to ever say you're the best at something without competing with others to decide, but what then if "the best" hadn't bothered to compete?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top