Join for free
Page 102 of 276 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I hope you start feeling a bit better, Val.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:20 PM

Well, I'm safely back home after a day's drama. I'm so glad that they found a cause for my symptoms and that it is already being treated (a weeks anti-biotics starting today). I didn't know that a person's temperature could spike up and down like that, but according to the doctor that sometimes happens as the body fights to maintain a normal temperature.

The chest infection could have been there for weeks without my knowing. I've had back pain, radiating up towards my shoulders and have been coughing up phlegm, but didn't really treat these symptoms seriously.

It might also explain why I've been getting knackered after 5 minute walks - I could never really put that down to just chemotherapy, so perhaps that will improve if this infection is zapped away with the anti-biotics. I'm glad, also, that it didn't happen at a time of the month when I was really busy ie. next week with chemo, CT scans, my nurse and my doctor.

I've got a letter for my G.P. which I always like having; it means that my latest treatment and ailments are up to date on the computerised version of my medical file.

Still, I wouldn't want another repeat of today: those 10 minutes after I awoke with a raging headache and thirst plus the lack of co-ordination were very scary indeed.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:31 PM

At least you are being treated Dreamy.
You should start feeling better soon my lovely. Keep us updated please. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Perhaps I should stop vaping? It's meant to be harmless as it's a vapor not actual smoke which is inhaled.

I'm feeling ok-ish right now; but I have had quite a few painkillers today. A bit scared of going to bed tonight but I know that's irrational: last night isn't likely to repeat itself.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Perhaps I should stop vaping? It's meant to be harmless as it's a vapor not actual smoke which is inhaled.

I'm feeling ok-ish right now; but I have had quite a few painkillers today. A bit scared of going to bed tonight but I know that's irrational: last night isn't likely to repeat itself.
Good Night Dreamy. I know you have gone now.
I hope you have a good nights sleep.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

04-06-2018, 11:01 AM

I did sleep well, from 10 'til 10, waking up for half-an-hour around 6. I feel that I've got a lot more energy today.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

04-06-2018, 11:13 AM

I did sleep well, from 10 'til 10, waking up for half-an-hour around 6. I feel that I've got a lot more energy today.
Glad you are feeling a little better.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

08-06-2018, 05:57 PM

The antibiotics the hospital gave me didn't work and I was left with a sore chest, still coughing; so I went to my GP (phoned at 10:25 got a 10:40 appointment) and she prescribed some different ones which I hope will work.

In the afternoon I got out to John Lewis and did a little clothes shopping: nothing much really, just a t shirt, a short-sleeved shirt and some underwear. The short sleeved shirt is the only one I own (I favour t-shirts or long sleeved) and was £50, but it is a Ted Baker and has a nice design to it.

Still exhausted after short walks.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-06-2018, 07:29 PM

The antibiotics the hospital gave me didn't work and I was left with a sore chest, still coughing; so I went to my GP (phoned at 10:25 got a 10:40 appointment) and she prescribed some different ones which I hope will work.

In the afternoon I got out to John Lewis and did a little clothes shopping: nothing much really, just a t shirt, a short-sleeved shirt and some underwear. The short sleeved shirt is the only one I own (I favour t-shirts or long sleeved) and was £50, but it is a Ted Baker and has a nice design to it.

Still exhausted after short walks.
Glad you had the forethought to go back to your GP, Dreamy.
Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. I am happy that you to go out shopping and treated yourself.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-06-2018, 09:56 AM

Well, I'm just preparing myself for a busy period coming up.

Next week I have the nurse, chemo, a CT scan and my doctor all in 4 days. Then I have my hospital stay on the 21st.

Feeling OK today though, I've got my Tesco delivery coming this afternoon and I've enjoyed watching the tennis.

Page 102 of 276 « First < 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top