Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Re: Think I have failed the DVLA eye test

I have had several field tests over the last 4yrs both in
opticians and in hospitals for lack of vision in the lower
left field, and in the hospital tests, the test was allways
done in a darkened room or booth! This was not the case
with all of the opticians l visited??
I will add that l have been unable to drive for about 6yrs
now as both eyes are the same, which indicates the problem
is not with my eyes but with my brain?
Two brain scans later , both of which l was told they could
not see anything??
I leave you to draw your own conclusions??
Regards Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Realspeed, you said you went to Specsavers. I suspect the answer lies there.

I have had such tests and, although I too have a small blank area near the centre of vision, that didn't stop me passing the test.

Of course, I went to my local optician where I have been going for years and trust him completely. If I had failed such a test, he would have told me all the details. I'd go to a different optician if I were you.

Incidentally, if you have an area of your peripheral vision in one eye that doesn't pass, I think if you are OK in the other eye there should be no problem. After all, as I understand it, a person with only one good eye is allowed to drive.

I am really surprised at that, JBR.
I would have thought only one working eye would create a huge blind spot?
OK you would see lorries and cars no doubt, but not at all sure about a cyclist or kiddie running into the road.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am really surprised at that, JBR.
I would have thought only one working eye would create a huge blind spot?
OK you would see lorries and cars no doubt, but not at all sure about a cyclist or kiddie running into the road.
Well, such is the case.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:06 PM

Wait and see RS, don't speculate.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Wait and see RS, don't speculate.
will do got no choice really
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
MEG
is your optician on the DVLA test approval list? mine isn't.

Have to say I am sick with worry that I failed. Been driving for 56 years without even a fine of any sort and only 2 accidents not my fault as proved by insurance payouts. Now may be stopped because of an eye test. Don't seem right to me

if I am stopped my existing licence is valid until end of November, is that still valid or cancelled?
Yes he is Bazza
I can empathise with your worrying,I thought I was going to lose my licence for health reason but was allowed to continue after signing a declaration and allowing my GP to be contacted.

I was also worried last year when applying for a new driving licence, I didn't think I would meet the requirement for reading a number plate but scraped through . To be on the safe side I bought some new specs which also cut out the glare of lights at night.
Living on my own miles from anywhere with no public transport not being able to drive would be a nightmare.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 02:38 AM

I am unable to get to sleep with worry about not getting my licence renewed.

it doesn't help when thinking about the noise in the SS shop only a matter of a few feet away and from the waiting area less than 10 ft away with people and kids making a loud noise just the other side of the test room door. This was so bad I had to stop the test 3 times and eventually lodge a complaint to the manageress.

AS soon as i hear from the DVLA I have decided to lodge a strong complaint to the DVLA about the lack of facilities provided. What it needs is a door separating the shop from the test area waiting space and notices requesting silence in that area on the door. Hopefully they will visit as i will request with the aim of taking away their right to test until the situation is improved

I have already emailed SS head office and now awaiting a reply. No tests should be done in extreme noise, imagine that in a school exam room, it is just not on
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:22 AM

Hi

I have had an issue with my right eye for over 30 years.

It has a piece of shrapnel in it which cannot be removed or treated.

I only have 5% vision in it.

I was subject, due to my job, to an annual medical and a driving test.

I have passed every time even with reduced vision.

I think you should appeal.

I stopped driving for a year, but that was not down to vision, it was due to medication which reduced my reaction time.

I have also stopped driving for a while recently.

Driving when you are on Morphine is just plain stupid.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:57 PM

Realspeed - Why don't you find another "approved" optician and have another go at the test. If they ask why you're having a repeat test, just tell them you'd been feeling really ill at the first appointment and felt sure that had had a bad effect on the test result.

Can't hurt to try, can it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-09-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Realspeed - Why don't you find another "approved" optician and have another go at the test. If they ask why you're having a repeat test, just tell them you'd been feeling really ill at the first appointment and felt sure that had had a bad effect on the test result.

Can't hurt to try, can it?
too early not heard from the DVLA yet if I passed or not

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top