Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 12:33 AM

Nasa to launch first crewed mission from US in decade

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52333932

The rocket and the spacecraft it is carrying are due to take off from Florida’s Kennedy Space Centre on 27 May, taking two astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS).

Both the rocket and spacecraft were developed by private company SpaceX.

If successful, SpaceX – headed by billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk - will become the first private firm to send Nasa astronauts into space.

The Falcon Nine rocket and Crew Dragon spacecraft will take off from the space centre’s historic Pad 39A, the same one used for the Apollo and shuttle missions.

It will take astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley approximately 24 hours to reach the ISS.
I will be following their progress .....

Bob Behnken (L) and Doug Hurley
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 02:44 AM

Re: Nasa to launch first crewed mission from US in decade

Yes, quite pleased to see it. Speaking as an American, I must say I've been a tad embarrassed that we had to rely on the Russians to get us into space. No reason for it really, except that the politicians dropped the ball and dramatically reduced funding.

I wish Space-X and the two astronauts well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 07:06 AM

One way of escaping C19 I suppose!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 08:13 AM

Good luck to them...hope all goes well
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One way of escaping C19 I suppose!
A positive take on it...........................
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, quite pleased to see it. Speaking as an American, I must say I've been a tad embarrassed that we had to rely on the Russians to get us into space. No reason for it really, except that the politicians dropped the ball and dramatically reduced funding.

I wish Space-X and the two astronauts well.
Not forgetting it was the Germans initially who developed the Saturn rockets.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 11:17 AM

What's the plan Elon?
You don't spend that much money for no reason...
Elon also plans to send thousands of satellites up to orbit the earth and has already developed what's called a 'Skylink' several satellites all linked together and flying in formation...

Elon Musk's Starlink 'Train' Looks Amazing, But Astronomers Have Serious Concerns
JACINTA BOWLER27 MAY 2019
Last week SpaceX launched 60 Starlink telecommunication satellites – the first major launch of its ambitious fleet of up to 12,000 satellites, with the goal to eventually create ultra-fast internet services around the world.

Like 5G, Smart Motorways, HS2, Autonomous vehicles and Smart Meters, something else we don't want, but money rules the world.....Saving the planet is a joke while we are allowing all this to happen!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Well, they have to get rid of Donald somehow!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Well, they have to get rid of Donald somehow!
I wish!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-04-2020, 03:04 PM

I appreciate that space travel and all the technology involved is an amazing achievement but would have thought that now is not the time to do it.

That money could be far better used on PPE, Hospital staff, vaccine research, cancer cures, and sorting out the myriad other problems here on this planet without 'boldly going' off to bother others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top