Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:38 PM

Re: Mrs Brown's Boys - Mammy's Inflation

This was on the front page of the Irish Sun today, the text bit says it all really, the story is basically the same inside, I hope you can see it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:13 AM

I'll be absolutely honest. Although I do not like the f... word being used, I have to admit that there are some aspects of this comedy that does make me laugh and I still watch it but, I reiterate, it could still be done without the use of.

Mrs Brown does NOT only use it on her own, but has used it in front of the priest and other unassociated members of her family and, to my recall, none of the others use it, and they are extremely funny in their own right.

It's such a pity that it is deemed necessary to make the programme funny when it isn't.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
This was on the front page of the Irish Sun today, the text bit says it all really, the story is basically the same inside, I hope you can see it.
I had to zoom in to 150% to read that, but I'm glad that Rory isn't going to be removed just because of some homophobic nonsense!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I had to zoom in to 150% to read that, but I'm glad that Rory isn't going to be removed just because of some homophobic nonsense!
200% for me but I too am very glad he is standing up to them - someone has to !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Sorry about that Mollie and Julie.
I went to see two of his live shows back in the 80's and believe me I was glad I didn't take my Mother with me, he was doing a stand up show then and it was way over the top, but in fairness to him it was well advertised as to the shows content, he has toned down a lot since those days.
He is a really nice fella outside show business and works very hard at his writing, he is no overnight success, personally I'm delighted he's enjoying the fruits of his labours at last, good luck to him.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

07-09-2013, 02:17 AM

Indeed Jem and I do appreciate his sense of humour, but it could well do without the f... words as he's funny enough without it.

Friday night's show was brilliant and, what made me choke laughing was this line:

"What's that useless bit of skin on the end of a man's willy called?"

Reply:

"A man!"

That just broke me up choking laughing. This is a fantastic piece of humour, but it just doesn't need the use of bad language, and I feel sad that it's felt to be necessary to be humorous to use it, because it isn't.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

07-09-2013, 11:17 AM

I like that joke Mollie.
Yes I agree with you about the 'F' word, very much overused.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 02:08 PM

Billy Connoly is a good example - so bloomin funny on chat shows and in a one man show we have seen many times on TV - but, anything else is swearing continuously .... such a shame, spoils his humour for sure !
alicia
New Member!
greater manchester
alicia is female 

07-09-2013, 02:33 PM

Love this show !
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 02:45 PM

That 'useless piece of skin' line is ancient.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top