Join for free
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Celebrity Master Chef

I don't know how many folk watch this, or are interested, but I've watched it from the beginning because I love watching amateurs cook food they wouldn't normally do.

I was totally ecstatic with the winner tonight and had that person pegged from the beginning to win.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 04:34 AM

Re: Celebrity Master Chef

I watched it Mollie and though Ade might win. He had a cooking programme of his own on TV not long ago where he was traveling round in a camper van sampling and cooking regional cuisine so he had a level of expertise.

I would hate to be a judge and have to taste all that different food in quick succession .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 06:36 AM

Do the camera crew have a feast on the left overs when the programme is over?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 08:07 AM

I think Janet made the final just because of her personality, not her cooking skills.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:15 AM

I love Masterchef and I too thought it would be Ade who won. He just had that edge you need to win and kept it up every time you saw him.
I feel as though I am a person who gets on with most people but I could
never have a friend like Janet. She would drive me mad. Had to laugh at John and Greg how in the end they dare not say anything untoward to her.
Great programme and really pleased to see Les Dennis as you could see him improve every day he was on and that was lovely to see. ( A lot of see there )
I often wonder how they can eat savoury then sweet dishes in a row, that wouldn't be my ideal.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Do the camera crew have a feast on the left overs when the programme is over?
...I think so , and the production people
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:48 PM

Anyone a fan of the American animation series Family Guy? If so have they noticed the unbelievably uncanny resemblance to Peter Griffin one of the guest judges has. (sorry, although grammatically correct that sentence is extremely awkward.)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I watched it Mollie and though Ade might win. He had a cooking programme of his own on TV not long ago where he was traveling round in a camper van sampling and cooking regional cuisine so he had a level of expertise.

I would hate to be a judge and have to taste all that different food in quick succession .
Did he indeed. That one by-passed me, but I did think Ade was the best of the bunch because, although an amateur cook, he was very innovative and had an artistic eye.

Janet Street-Porter was just a bossy mare, and very rude to boot. What made me laugh was when she made the lamb shank pie with the bone sticking out of the crusty, and John and Greg said how beautiful it looked. It was a nightmare. The pastry was burned and the whole thing looked a mess, but they didn't dare knock it.

Les Dennis is such a lovely chap and he did extremely well after a few hiccups, but Adrian was the worthy winner.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top