Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 04:17 PM

Re: More Brexit Doom and Gloom...... NOT !

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Solasch is right; I don't understand what a "dualist" state means as I'm not trained in the Law. I doubt he fully understands it either but, to try and clarify things I found this interesting blog page (via Google) from the University of Bristol's Law School Blog https://legalresearch.blogs.bris.ac....torian-acquis/

I still don't understand it because, like I said, I'm no trained lawyer.
I think he means that we have international and national laws but in the context he was using it, I interpreted the "dualist" part to be the laws originating from the EU via the Communities Act which are interpreted into UK law via Parliament.

As we are not in the EU and repealed the Communities Act we are not a dualist state in those terms but are a dualist state in others as we have International laws interpreted into domestic laws via other treaties etc outside of the EU.

Thats what I think he meant .... who knows
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think he means that we have international and national laws but in the context he was using it, I interpreted the "dualist" part to be the laws originating from the EU via the Communities Act which are interpreted into UK law via Parliament.

As we are not in the EU and repealed the Communities Act we are not a dualist state in those terms but are a dualist state in others as we have International laws interpreted into domestic laws via other treaties etc outside of the EU.

Thats what I think he meant .... who knows
No dude, much more simple. Contrary to what you stated the withdrawal agreement is not a law. And repealing it constitutes breaking of contract, which means you lose in every court.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No dude, much more simple. Contrary to what you stated the withdrawal agreement is not a law. And repealing it constitutes breaking of contract, which means you lose in every court.

It is a law - it was made into law through parliament.

Stop making things up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It is a law - it was made into law through parliament.

Stop making things up.
And back we go to post # 71!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-05-2020, 04:54 PM

And back we go to post # 71!
Read my posts properly and try and understand them. If you want to post pedantic nonsense that's fine with me but don't expect me to keep educating you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 05:55 PM

Having dived into this thread, as I do on occasion, I'd be interested to learn what is, exactly, a 'dualist' or a 'unified state'.

I don't really want to read any 'explanation' that Solash should make, as I don't believe a word of what he writes, but if either of you other contributors could offer a clear explanation I'd be grateful.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-05-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Having dived into this thread, as I do on occasion, I'd be interested to learn what is, exactly, a 'dualist' or a 'unified state'.
Don't look at me for an explanation, I can't simplify this to elementary school level.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I don't really want to read any 'explanation' that Solash should make, as I don't believe a word of what he writes, but if either of you other contributors could offer a clear explanation I'd be grateful.
Sorry l cant supply the answer to your question JBR because there is
no answer, the term was derived from the eurobabble that the
commission use to confuse the members and is meaningless!
But l saw a report today that they may be prepared to to
uncouple the fishing negotiations from the trade negotiations?
Whilst this is a welcome sign l would not read too much into it
yet as france still has reservations, LOL!
But l am sure our man in charge has got his wits about him and
will be able to handle both Barnyard and Boris??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-05-2020, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sorry l cant supply the answer to your question JBR because there is
no answer, the term was derived from the eurobabble that the
commission use to confuse the members and is meaningless!
But l saw a report today that they may be prepared to to
uncouple the fishing negotiations from the trade negotiations?
Whilst this is a welcome sign l would not read too much into it
yet as france still has reservations, LOL!
But l am sure our man in charge has got his wits about him and
will be able to handle both Barnyard and Boris??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
If only those french would stick to eating snails and frog legs! Adding to pressure on Barnier not to concede on fishing rights, on Monday night the European parliament’s fisheries committee threatened to veto any deal with the UK that did not include a “balanced” agreement on fish quotas, allowing EU fleets continue access to British waters.

No fisheries agreement means no post-Brexit agreement” said François-Xavier Bellamy, the French centre-right MEP – and member of Barnier’s Les Républicains party – who drew up a report that was adopted with near unanimity by the committee.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2020, 08:59 PM

If only those french would stick to eating snails and frog legs! Adding to pressure on Barnier not to concede on fishing rights, on Monday night the European parliament’s fisheries committee threatened to veto any deal with the UK that did not include a “balanced” agreement on fish quotas, allowing EU fleets continue access to British waters.

No fisheries agreement means no post-Brexit agreement” said François-Xavier Bellamy, the French centre-right MEP – and member of Barnier’s Les Républicains party – who drew up a report that was adopted with near unanimity by the committee.
Francois appears to be at loggerheads with his chief doesnt he
Solly? Wha l heard was that francois thought Barny was
surrendering too soon???
Only two frenchmen could argue about when to surrender???

Donkeyman! 😇😇

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top