Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Munchkin
Scotland
Munchkin is male  Munchkin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 08:37 AM

Re: Steak Pie!

Well no wonder you receive at times such negative comments to your posts when you have the audacity to make this comment.

"just to prove the know-it-alls wrong"

perhaps in future members should contact you first and ask what kind of reply you would like us to make rather than risk your wrath and receive such comments.
You are the one making the post, and the members are at liberty to reply as they see fit, because they do not coincide with your reading of the matter does not give you the right to call them names.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Munchkin ->
Well no wonder you receive at times such negative comments to your posts when you have the audacity to make this comment.

"just to prove the know-it-alls wrong"
I meant it to be tongue-in-cheek Munchkin - perhaps I should have added a smiley - I'm never sure of that to be honest.

If some took it another way I'm sorry of course - but it wasn't intended that way.

Besides, I don't think of the term as being an example of name-calling as you put it and I was responding to this post: -

"You'll probably get a voucher or something and a standard apology if you're lucky. Suggesting they actually have a pastry chef is a laugh - more like a factory full of drones who watch a machine slop the goo into the pastry cases. Good letter though, but don't hold your breath.

I wasn't offended by that and it's really no different in tone to what I put. stevmk2
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 10:07 PM

Hi Steve,
When products have a picture of the contents, then it should be correct in its appearance, however many Companies cover themselves by adding the phrase, 'Serving suggestion' if they have 'adjusted' the image in any way to improve its general presentation.
You were right to complain!
regards, Malc.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 07:01 AM

Most "Boxed" meals fail to live up to the promise of the packaging, maybe a Mutton dressed as Lamb pie.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 08:21 AM

Be honest and call it "A texturized mechanically recovered animal protein flavoured pie "
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 01:06 PM

I must say that when I first came to Australia the pies were a revelation. I am not talking about your homemade gourmet pie but the average pie you buy at the footie. English pies were in general a revolting fatty gristley blob served cold and made by someone like Walls. (I am excluding your traditional pork pie.)

Australian pies were full of meat and served hot with sauce. The ones you buy at the supermarket frozen are a terrific snack too, good variety, chicken, beef, curry, beef and cheese, beef cheese and bacon, beef and onion and more all about $5 to $6 for four. Beer and meat pie... bliss!
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I very rarely buy ready meals. I have never touched canned chicken soup from that day to this.
I once visited Campbells soup factory..and the flavour of the day was chicken..I watched fork lifts lifting up dolavs of chicken feet..heads..and other unmentionables..

The smell of them made me sick..(literally)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 03:33 PM

Making a good steak pie is a bit like sex for us oldies. Older meat has more flavour and the pastry needs cool hands to rub it.
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Love it older git
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 04:08 PM

Has this turned into a ''Barry White'' thread??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpPQBL7PNhs

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top