Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 05:48 PM

Re: Disposing of ashes , a bit odd.

I'm opting for the traditional burial.. in a nice place with trees and flowers and birds. NO cremation, no science.. WHY? Because I am an agnostic and want all bases covered. No cremation, no science.. no slicing and dicing. I have a feeling that the body IS just a physical shell, however no one has ever come back to describe what it's like to be burned or cut up.. So until someone tells me it's no big deal...doesn't hurt and their soul was pleasantly flying around somewhere else while transpires, I'll just be buried in a nice quiet spot..

I do like the idea of the biodegradable box.. ashes to ashes and all that. Sadly, I do not believe that is allowed here.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I haven't a clue about burials especially cremations, which we have both opted for. What happens afterwards will I be placed in the crematorium grounds ......?
Patsy your cremated remains can be dealt with however you wish them to be....you state your wishes and they will be carried out...(if you wishes are do-able and legal of course)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:17 PM

I still have Jen`s ashes. I thought about having them scattered under the walnut next to our cats. But what if I move? So then it was the river we wished to retire to before she died far too young

As I cannot afford the river now; sod it-mix mine with hers and who cares?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Patsy your cremated remains can be dealt with however you wish them to be....you state your wishes and they will be carried out...(if you wishes are do-able and legal of course)
Must be different there.. A next of kin owns the remains here. AND even if someone states their wishes in a WILL.. they don't necessarily have to be complied with. It's not illegal for a spouse to cremate or burry the remains of a spouse even if the opposite was desired.

Same with organ donation. You can state you wish your organs donated, but if your next of kin refuses then they will not be donated. Some states have passed a law preventing this by having a person sign an organ registry bank, but for the most part, if your surviving kin says no... it's no.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:26 PM

The only ones it matters to are those you leave behind, no point in making things awkward for them by asking for something stupid like being buried in a block of ice at the south pole, some spiteful old gits and gitesses like to make their relatives suffer when they are gone, can’t bear the thought of them living it up after they’ve finally got shut of him/her. The normal tradition burial will suit me fine, the graveyard in not far away from my house, very quiet neighbours I have, not a bleep outa them.
We are told we will all rise again on the last day for the final judgement, I often wonder how they’ll manage to gather all the ashes back together and make something presentable to stand trial, even the hardest criminals wear a suit in court trying to impress the judge, so it makes sense to keep the old carcass in one piece.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
The only ones it matters to are those you leave behind, no point in making things awkward for them by asking for something stupid like being buried in a block of ice at the south pole, some spiteful old gits and gitesses like to make their relatives suffer when they are gone, can’t bear the thought of them living it up after they’ve finally got shut of him/her. The normal tradition burial will suit me fine, the graveyard in not far away from my house, very quiet neighbours I have, not a bleep outa them.
We are told we will all rise again on the last day for the final judgement, I often wonder how they’ll manage to gather all the ashes back together and make something presentable to stand trial, even the hardest criminals wear a suit in court trying to impress the judge, so it makes sense to keep the old carcass in one piece.

Ah but its just a shell Jem - a 'shell suit'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
The thing is Pats, I have no wish, so will the crematorium handle them ........
AudreyII
USA

13-08-2014, 06:30 PM

My point is... how do we know?
AudreyII
USA

13-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The thing is Pats, I have no wish, so will the crematorium handle them ........
I believe your relatives get them like it or not..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:36 PM

No takers for the firework then

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top