Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 08:27 AM

Re: Disposing of ashes , a bit odd.

Spoke about this quite a lot with my family and they all know I would like to become a tree after I pass on planted somewhere in Englands vast countryside preferably on a hill so I have a good view of the world or on the edge of some forest where I can mingle with my other wooden headed friends. lol

Go green when you kick the bucket and turn your bucket into a tree after you pass with the Bio Urn by Martin Azua.

The Bios Urn is a project that reimburses the man in the natural life cycle, is a secular ritual of regeneration and return to nature. Bios is an urn made of biodegradable materials: coconut shells, compacted peat cellulose. Inside contains a seed of a tree can be replaced with another seed, plant bud or appropriate to the chosen location. When the urn plant the seed germinates and begins to grow.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 11:25 AM

I have had experiences with all the ways to go when you have died.
My Dad gave his body to Science and was taken to Leeds University
from the hospital. We didn't see his body for two years. They then
arranged the funeral for you and paid for it but this is 40 years ago
so it might be different nowadays. His ashes were scattered in the Rose
bushes at the Crem.
My Mum also asked for her body to go the same way but because she died of cancer 10 years later than Dad they would not have her body as the cancer has destroyed whatever it is they want to do with the body.
So we had her cremated. We asked for her ashes back as she wished
to be scattered on Ilkla Moor b'that (Ilkley Moor in English lol)
It took us children nearly 2 years to decide to do the event and we chose
a beautiful evening with the Grandkids with us and the Sun was red and
setting in the sky. We said a prayer for her and sang Amazing Grace and
we all had a turn of scattering her ashes over the moor.
I have been to my friends sons funeral and she goes to see him often and
has even bought a house around the corner from the Cemetery. I understand her grief as he was only 19 but to me I have my relatives with
me and I know they are close by in the Ether. I don't like burials for that reason of the faith they are there somehow. I would rather take my relatives around with me through my life.
I personally am going the way of my Mum as I always loved Ilkley Moor and want to be in Yorkshire. I don't want to be scattered anywhere that is foreign to my nature and birth right to be a Yorkshire Lass.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 12:37 PM

My father in law's wishes were to be scattered at the start of the Isle of Man TT races. He'd been a competitor for almost 30 years.

In 2008 we had the job of doing that. Unfortunately it was not practical to actually do the deed at the beginning so opted for the mountain stretch of the course.

We timed our arrival on the course just prior to the road closing so we were virtually the last cars before the start. Hubby hung out the car window (son driving) scattering them on the edge of the road as close to the verge as possible.

Imagine our horror and laughter as, just before the race started, a road sweeper came along clearing the road of debris !!!!!!!!

We also had a chuckle when we visited again last month when we saw that the verges had been cemented over!

So bits of father in law are scattered on the mountain side, on the IOM tip and also cemented in forever!!!

Would also mention though that there was some ash left over which hubby buried in the heather on The Sound overlooking the Calf of Man. A beautiful spot.

He was a man with a sense of humour so would have had a real chuckle himself.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I haven't a clue about burials especially cremations, which we have both opted for. What happens afterwards will I be placed in the crematorium grounds ......?
ashes will be spread in the garden of rememberance which most crematoriums have. you will fertilize the ground
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 01:24 PM

Thank you Eric
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 02:18 PM

I've visited a woodland burial ground in Essex. My partner's father and nephew are buried in one. I think it's a wonderful idea.

Me? I'll probably just get cremated, but to be honest I'm not bothered what really happens to my ashes. I'd hate for them to be put in an urn somewhere!!
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 12:21 PM

I just wonder , how many, after their will has been read their ashes get flushed down the loo ?
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 07:15 PM

This is possibly what happens to them. There has been an appeal on our local TV. They are obliged to keep them for 5 years but this company has kept them all. 400. Multiply this by all the companies over the country........

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1141...ith_relatives/

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top