Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 03:40 PM

Cover

Do you tend to judge a book by it's cover? Have you met someone with an arrogent air, but then realised that they are lovely people. Or have you looked at a young person and thought they were a yob, when actually they've been polite.

I've a friend who was saying she and another friend got on a bus which was busy and a few seats were taken by teenagers who she thought looked like yobs. She was then embarrassed when they got up and offered them a seat . She felt about about judging them as being like that.

Any experience of that anyone?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 03:48 PM

Re: Cover

I always think the best of people until they give me cause the think otherwise.
Yes there are plenty of decent young lads and lassies out there who have manners and respect for others, thank God that's still there, sometimes older folks just take one look at a young person and make an instant decision as to their character, not fair at all.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I always think the best of people until they give me cause the think otherwise.
Says it all for me and I'm the same Jem.

OK, I get / got it wrong once or twice in my life so far, but it's a good in-built safeguard as far as I'm concerned! stevmk2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Slightly off topic but coming back from Germany to Stansted airport we got talking to a young German lady at Hannover train station and she was going back to Stansted as she was a student at Cambridge university.She had been visiting her family who lived in the region so was used to Hannover airport. I asked her if she would help us negotiate the airport which she did so saving me the hassle. It was very nice of her.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Must admit I always think the best of folk until proved otherwise.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 05:04 PM

Strangely enough I usually get it right.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 09:53 PM

When my mum died we got a man with a van to move some of the heavy stuff out of her house. Amongst these things was a kitchen cabinet with food in it - spices, baking powder - half empty tins of custard powder etc. Our man with a van cleared the cupboard out and put the contents in a bag. He said he was keeping them for himself... Well of course I said he was welcome but I did wonder what kind of a person would want to do that.
I envisaged him living in humble accommodation and being rather poor.

We later found out he lived in a most beautiful immaculate four bedroomed house..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 10:18 PM

Things aren't always what they seem, but this can be complicated by when you saw them, sometimes you have to relate stuff you see in real time to a previous era, where sense can be made of occurrences, maybe.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 05:06 AM

Often works the opposite for me, people who seem decent at first encounter turn out to be those thats best avoided, must be a bad judge or im too trusting.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Things aren't always what they seem, but this can be complicated by when you saw them, sometimes you have to relate stuff you see in real time to a previous era, where sense can be made of occurrences, maybe.
Just to clarify, sometimes your head can perceive a situation now (2014), but to get a handle on it, you need to rely on your gut, which could refer to a previous era, too process the situation, possibly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top