Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 10:25 PM

Re: Another Life Saved!

This thread started me thinking about Lacewings. Have you seen any recently? I would often find one or two hibernating around my house appearing to be waiting out the winter, but I haven't see one in years. Another example of over use of pesticides I wonder.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:45 AM

I read somewhere there is a lack of Lacewings nowadays so maybe a great
demise of another beautiful little thing.
I too haven't seen a lot of Ladybirds but did have a insect confrontation
the other day.
I decided to lacquer the old chest of drawers I have upstairs. They are over
a hundred years old and looking dowdy. I have a cloth on the top so not to get it scratched I took it off to clean the top.
Suddenly I saw something move quickly and it was a small Spider.
When I looked again it was a female spider and she was guarding a clutch
of her eggs which she had wrapped in gossamer for their safety. I couldn't
hurt a Mother and children so had to put the paint brushes away for another day and put a clean cover over them. This was 4 days ago and she is still there so I am hoping my impetus to paint doesn't go if this goes on any longer
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 10:25 PM

Actually where have all the moths gone? Previous years whenever my security light come on, within moments they are surrounded by moths of all sizes. One could see loads of them in the car headlights down unlit country lanes.This year not a thing! Slightly worrying I think.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top