Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Re: How many times have you moved house...........

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
I've moved house 31 times in my lifetime having lived in the UK, Spain, South Africa, the Comores and for the past 7 years in Hungary.
OMG ZSA< ZSA that is an awful lot.
I have lived in 6 homes in total and that includes the house I was born and raised in.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 03:00 PM

5 moves in Derbyshire, 3 moves in Kenya, no moves (so far) in Spain, love it where we are.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 05:46 PM

I've lived in 5 homes, including the present.

I probably spent a year in my first home after birth but when mum's doctor realised I had whooping cough and a collapsed lung it was recommended that the family move, so we then got a new council house.

Lived there for about 35 years then the rents sold up and I moved with them to a park home in the forest (God, the fricking spiders!!!). After about a year (never sure of time lengths) I got a rented flat, then after about another year or a bit bought my present home. Been here just over 20 years now.

Looking forward to home no. 6, which is hoped to be the last (retirement property).

ETA: Come to think of it, I could have been much longer in the park home and rented flat, because there is a gap of 6 years, from leaving the house of 35 years - 1988 - to when I moved here - 1994.

Ooer, doesn't time fly? Never realised I stayed in those places for long.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 06:06 PM

never moved house I still live in the same house as I was born in
66 years ago.....I'm not one for change.
Thistledome
Derbyshire, UK.
Thistledome is male  Thistledome has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Having left London when the Luftwaffe decided to drop an incendiary through the roof. That was in the early 1940's.

We have lived here for 54 years, having only moved once since we lived in Derbyshire since 1942.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Twenty times (S.Africa once too), last time I stayed in same road!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top