Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:33 AM

Re: Have you ever said 'I love you' to....

I put `love` on cards. I don`t remember telling Jenny I loved her until before we were married. It was more like;
We can quit this now,we can have an affair or you could leave him and move in with me. She choose the latter and we just got in 25 years of marriage before she was taken.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:54 AM

I also played her this-sometimes music says it all;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NuXMCPwY4
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 12:05 PM

Yes I have, I say I love you quite frequently.
Love ya all.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I put `love` on cards. I don`t remember telling Jenny I loved her until before we were married. It was more like;
We can quit this now,we can have an affair or you could leave him and move in with me. She choose the latter and we just got in 25 years of marriage before she was taken.

A lovely story OG, so glad it worked out and that you had 25 years together, it sounds like true love to me and that she made the right decision, the Free track probably helped too.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Just wondering why saying "I love you" is such a difficult thing for some people. Is it because they don't love very many people? Is it because they don't realize there are many different kinds of love? Do they equate love with sexual attraction?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Just wondering why saying "I love you" is such a difficult thing for some people. Is it because they don't love very many people? Is it because they don't realize there are many different kinds of love? Do they equate love with sexual attraction?
Nope we love our children and our parents and our friends A and that is not sexual love.

It's prob more of a cultural thing in not being as demonstrative or vocal about it or feeling that we need to.

People can say love you, you mean the world to me etc and say it to all and sundry so in the end it can be pretty meaningless.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 08:23 PM

No, its not in me to say that, not to a friend, I will say it to my Cat or to a child and I will always put Lots of Love on cards, but that is all.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 08:25 PM

I've told my friends, particular ones, that I've loved them, because they've been there for me in my darkest moments and they have showed me great love. I would be lost without them. I have great family and love them to bits. Maybe I have the best of both worlds

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top