Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 05:31 PM

The internet.

Do you use the internet on holiday or are you happy to be without it?
Personally speaking when I go away I'm happy to leave the internet at home ... It gives me a feeling of freedom & normality - Mind you I'm always ready to log on as soon as I get home. It's so exciting to see what's been happening online while I've been away.

How about you? Do you manage without the internet on holiday or do you take it wherever you go?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Re: The internet.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Do you use the internet on holiday or are you happy to be without it?
Personally speaking when I go away I'm happy to leave the internet at home ... It gives me a feeling of freedom & normality - Mind you I'm always ready to log on as soon as I get home. It's so exciting to see what's been happening online while I've been away.

How about you? Do you manage without the internet on holiday or do you take it wherever you go?
Absolutely not. I won't even go near a computer when on holiday, with the exception of my tablet which I only have to watch films on.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 05:37 PM

Yes, I could, and do, do without it. But if I see an internet café, at cheap rates, then I'll check my emails and might look at FB. And go to Mail Online to see what's been happening in the news (especially if I'm abroad). And once, when our cruise was delayed because of the Icelandic volcano eruption, I went online somewhere near the terminal and logged on to Cruise Critic to explain what was going on to those people trying to get on the cruise, or who had to stay at home!

Mum and I got the last flight out of Gatwick so we made it to where the cruise was leaving from (think it was Crete), but because we tried to wait for latecomers the captain decided to change the itinerary and stayed overnight at the terminal. The internet came in handy then, as I said, because I knew of many people who were due to join the ship.

Going back to the original post, yes I agree about logging on when home! Oh, but if hotels offer wifi and I have a netbook with me (taken to Singapore, NZ and Malta) then I will definitely use it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 06:35 PM

No, I never take a computer with me.........I'd be in trouble if I did so !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 06:48 PM

I take my iPad on holiday and yes, I did look in here occasionally during the two weeks I was away earlier this month. I admire Meg for how she coped alone during that time and what she had to put up with.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 06:50 PM

Take my tablet and if there is free wi-fi I use it,if not then I don't miss it.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Usually I don't use it while I'm away and I don't really miss it, but I do like to catch up when I get back.
I think it's a good thing to get away it and as you say Carol, there is a feeling of freedom, maybe you can have too much of a good thing.
I don't think that it can be too good for relationships, when one person is on FB or a forum all the time while on holiday to the detriment of time spent with their family or partner.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 07:32 PM

got back yesterday from a week away and i didnt take lappy or ipad , i didnt miss it once ,my time was mostly taken up with my grandchildren , but ..i had 74 emails to go through when i got back , a couple of nice surprises among them which i wasnt expecting ..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
got back yesterday from a week away and i didnt take lappy or ipad , i didnt miss it once ,my time was mostly taken up with my grandchildren , but ..i had 74 emails to go through when i got back , a couple of nice surprises among them which i wasnt expecting ..
Blimey 74, the only Emails I would get in my absence would be from British Gas, asking for Meter Readings, thank goodness.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 10:31 PM

I'm glad you got a couple of nice surprises Eliza.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top