Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:39 AM

Re: Your birthday - do you treat yourself?

Another thing you could do to make your birthday special is buy yourself little presents whenever you see something you like - wrap them up and give to yourself on your birthday.
I did this last year. I saw something I liked but couldn't justify the price so I bought it for myself & saved it 2 months until my birthday. It was quite exciting undoing it! lol
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
as I get older I celebrate them less often, a woman doesn't like those numbers to increase, in fact I've decided to go backwards
Me too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Another thing you could do to make your birthday special is buy yourself little presents whenever you see something you like - wrap them up and give to yourself on your birthday.
I did this last year. I saw something I liked but couldn't justify the price so I bought it for myself & saved it 2 months until my birthday. It was quite exciting undoing it! lol
I did that last Christmas. But as for this year's birthday, I will bear that in mind!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Oh Jazzi how lovely for you booking a day out, it is brilliant when you can do that, like you I would need to know that everything was in place, so now you can get excited for the day to arrive.

I know you will let us know how you get on.

I don't bother that much with my birthday, usually have a nice meal depending on what day it falls on.

We have started looking at new ways of getting away Jazzi, as I am getting very wary of travelling by car. We went on the train to Harrogate in January and as long as you plan your trip well you can get it fairly cheaply if you are willing to go off peak so to speak. We are also looking at coach holidays but they would have to be reasonable.
Yes, I will certainly tell you all about it, afterwards!

Coach holidays are now getting expensive, but I do love them. I am fortunate in being close to all methods of travel, so there is the underground (I live on the top end of the Victoria line), then all the London main lines, links to airports, coach terminal in central London, so I'm spoilt for choice. Just need to decide where to go each time.

Did a day trip to Birmingham once, by train, to the NEC, to see tv presenter Mark Evans. The year before I drove up...oooh, never again! Never thought of day tripping to Manchester, but it can be done, as I found.

Oh, whereabouts is the wheel, Carol?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 04:17 PM

The last time I saw my wife alive was on my birthday-so it`s not something I care to remember with fun.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-08-2014, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
The last time I saw my wife alive was on my birthday-so it`s not something I care to remember with fun.
Same with my mum, almost! . Two days after my birthday I will remember she left me forever.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 05:40 PM

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip up north, if you have a bus pass you can go on any bus with it. We use ours when we go down south to London saves a lot of money.
I went to Llandudno North Wales for my birthday, I like to have my birthday at different places.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Oh, whereabouts is the wheel, Carol?
Quite near the central bus station I think.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-08-2014, 06:10 PM

Thanks Carol. Gabi, I don't have a Freedom Pass yet. Next March! Counting down the months.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top