Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2010, 08:51 AM

Re: Would you live here?

I've never heard of it!! I don't have children at all and I hate it when the kids play football out in the drives outside (the ball bouncing off the road and their screams) but I would miss that!! Not for me!! The only thing on the upside would be the lack of the horrendous loud music that some people play when the sun in shining, or when they have "social" evenings! Wonder if there are any pubs around!!

Thanks for the link.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2010, 09:56 PM

No - I can't imagine liking it at all. I like to see different people, children - variety is the spice of life so they say. There may be difficulties with getting a bit of peace and quiet sometimes, but generally I think it is nice to be "included" in society - not put out to pasture with other "oldies".
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Hello
Yes I think I could live there quite happily. I like the idea of sitting in the garden without all the usual suburban noise.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 09:51 AM

I thought this would be a good idea too, but when you look at the bones of it, you get all the rules and regulations thrown in and then it's not 'born free' living is it? More like Sheltered accommodation without the warden is what it sounds like!! And what if you are single? what if you meet someone too young to live in the village?? What if it is your children that are young not your grandchildren? I can see some problems with this idea!
Some people like order and rules, and some people are methodical in their every day lives, plus those wanting peace and quiet, (which really is what we all want) but this seems to be a wholly manufactured community of what someone has perceived to be the ideal life style in our old age - and I don't think realistically it would match up to most peoples expectations!

I don't want total paradise I am going to get enough of that when I pop my clogs!!! I think I will live in the real world for now!

June x
Mike
Croydon UK
Mike is male  Mike has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 09:51 AM

It is in the Highlands, they were always different there.

You couldn't buy a Sunday newspaper on a Sunday, no
whistling on a Sunday, the only singing allowed on, you got it,
a Sunday was Hymn singing.

Things changed when more people went there on holiday.

In the 60s the Pubs closed at 9PM.

This place has probably been built by some of those people
who liked that way of life.

Mike.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top