Join for free
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 10:30 AM

You never know

Who your friends are.

It looks as though Jenny is getting some work. To give a bit of background,before Jenny got sick she did some work for a certain company and Mrs X was not the easiest person to work for. In fact Jenny felt at times as though she could do nothing well enough

The person giving Jen the new work said she had been recommended to contact her as she was described as "one of the best people in the field "---and yes,by Mrs X.

Odd how things turn out
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Re: You never know

I worked for a right 'Bas....' when I was in my twenties and I never got along with him, after four years I could take it no longer so I left and went to a bigger Jewellers. To my surprise my new boss showed me the reference my old boss sent him, it made me out to be a gifted Saint!.
Glad to hear the good Lady is doing well.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 02:24 PM

Aw that's lovely! And good wishes to your wife and hope many more jobs come from it!

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 02:27 PM

Good to hear Jenny is getting some work, OG

Strange how things work out, isn't it ......Mrs X obviously knows a good worker when she sees one!

I hope all goes well for Jenny....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 09:50 PM

You never know, do you? Very glad to hear the news, OG, happy for you both, thanks for sharing.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 09:06 PM

That is really good news......hope all works out well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top