Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Does my bum look big in err, umm, what was I saying?

Oh dear. The latest study says that women with big hips have been shown to suffer impaired memory as they get older.
Back to the Wii
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2010, 02:05 PM

Re: Does my bum look big in err, umm, what was I saying?

What did you say, DM?
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2010, 02:42 PM

I don't have big hips but I do have a huge problem with memory!! So that cuts that theory out!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2010, 03:32 PM

Big hips have absolutely nothing to do with your memory, unless you talk through your backside, they are to ease the burden of childbirth and nothing else(besides look attractive on most women). Some people will believe any rubbish the media dish out.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2010, 09:30 PM

LOL, good one, DM!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Well that lets me out! Never had big hips - or big anything!

Good one DM and thanks for sharing
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Did you know that statisticians all suffer from bad breath and poor social skills?
I have reached this scientific conclusion by analysing recent studies which prove conclusively that people who make pointless pseudo-scientific studies have (a) nothing better to do and (B) no-one to talk to.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 02:06 PM

You really wonder about some of these 'studies' don't you Claire?
If we're going to have to endure a period of cuts, maybe that's one area to investigate ... or maybe more research is needed on that?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 03:11 PM

I once did some research in a lab where some were `supposedly` interested in eating/feeding disorders. Looking a slides of skinny naked girls more like.

And when a dear friend of mine who was doing her M Phil there after I had left became very ill with anorexia did they notice,did they care?-did they (swear word)..

I went back when I heard and mentioned it to someone and asked how come they diid nothing?

She had the typical profile ,was his reply. To this day I wish I had followed my first reaction and punched the fool on his nose.

I have a PhD in Psychology but so much of it was bull shit-cut out 75% ie the crap and fund stuff that is useful-and yes some Psychology is good
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 10:46 PM

How awful, using a co-worker as a case study! I wish you had punched him. Did your friend overcome it?

So many "studies" just prove common sense that the average man in the street knew anyway; boggles the mind how much funds are diverted away from valuable research ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top