Join for free
Falcone
New Member!
South Yorks
Falcone is male 

17-07-2010, 10:20 AM

Alternative to smacking!

An excellent idea for those parents having trouble with unrully children. Would definetly work on kids with Attention Deficit Disorder.

Tough Love vs. Smacking - Good Argument

Most people think it improper to smack children, so I have tried other methods to control kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,
Your Friend

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Re: Alternative to smacking!

lol poor kid

Mind you, some of them good do with that kind of discipline LOL
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Good advice!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2010, 01:24 PM

seems like a plan................

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top