Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 03:47 PM

Re: The evil b**tards

It happens so if you ever have a spare penny remember rescue centres.

Dancing bears,orang u tan babies left to die slowly when the loggers have killed their parents,donkeys used until they drop-it goes on.

Anna Sewell wrote Black Beauty over 130 years ago but it goes on.

And don`t start me on home grown cruelty and neglect to cats and dogs in the so called `civilsed` country
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Couldn't agree more, OG ......
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
It happens so if you ever have a spare penny remember rescue centres.

Dancing bears,orang u tan babies left to die slowly when the loggers have killed their parents,donkeys used until they drop-it goes on.

Anna Sewell wrote Black Beauty over 130 years ago but it goes on.

And don`t start me on home grown cruelty and neglect to cats and dogs in the so called `civilsed` country
We have now adopted 3-Donkeys and 3 Dogs and we take some food down to the local animal rescue center every month, I just wish other people would spend some of their spare cash on animals instead of Booze and Cigs.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Rescue a cat(or dog) at least. Cleo never did learn to control her paws-claws stuck in my tum when she is happy and wiping them on clean sheets at some awful hour when she went for a pee on a rainy night.

But she is another girl from the little waif we rescued-didn`t purr and was afraid of her shadow
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 05:56 PM

The dog I have I bought from someone who advertised him on 'preloved'!!!! he was being tormented by 2 children under 3 and 2 cats were making his life a misery, so much so the only place he could sleep was in the bathroom to get some peace from his tormentors, his previous owner had put him on high performance working dogs food and he was as round as a keg, we had to put him on different food and and a diet, he has lots of issues that I was unaware of when I got him but I wouldn't let him go, I have stuck with him, it's been hard work but he is such a nice dog!!

June x
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

21-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Perhaps I`m being a touch arrogant but rescue dogs learn quickly? I`m as soft as melted butter in reality and when folks go past my gate I sometimes stop to chat and always talk to the dog as well.

Two now come up for a hug(I`m told by one lady I`m unusual as her dog hates males) and another is now in that stage where she wags her tail but isn`t quite sure-the dog that is not the walker !!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
That is so shocking Couldn't read all of it and will never understand how some people could be so cruel
Once I got an inkling of what it was about I couldn't read it. It is beyond my understanding what some people can do to animals.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 10:49 PM

OG, dogs seem to be very good at sensing when you like them and responding accordingly; also when they sense you fear them, as I know full well.

Now cats, when someone comes who doesn't like them, will usually come very close and stare unblinkingly at the person as if they are perfectly aware it's unwelcome!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2010, 11:24 PM

Sometimes I really do hate humans..but then again they cannot be human to do something like that!!!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

22-07-2010, 05:59 PM

DM cats are very odd. I love them to bits but,unlike a dog,they can be stupid.

Next door got one years ago but he grew up in a place with a frisky dog,and they still have one.

Thomas never did become a lap cat,I find him everyday somewhere in my garden.

Good morning Thomas I say-no need to run away nobody is going to hurt you.

At best he still retreats and if caught by suprise runs away.

Daft cat-he has missed out on a few tummy scritches over the years

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top