Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 04:37 PM

Re: Monday AGAIN!

I never did see the small faces. But was at Hyde Park to see Humble Pie and Grand Funk Railroad. Huh! GFR were meant to have this amazing sound system but the wind got up and it sort of drifted away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1OgQOfyM7I
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 04:40 PM

... never been to the White House, Capitol or the Washigton Monument!

Hey ho DM I`ve never been to Buckingham House-nobody has yet thought to give me a medal or invite me to a tea party
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 04:49 PM

LOL, the White House (the Peoples House) is open to tourists, only way I'd ever get in! Does the Queen have open house ever for the peasantry?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

25-07-2010, 05:09 PM

I believe they do have tours-they just keep her old man hidden away.

Actually I think he is OK-never one to mince his words,A diplomatic disaster in the wings perhaps but he never did like Diana???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 06:12 PM

I went on a Buckingham Palace tour last year ....... didn't see Ma'am at all, maybe she had popped out to the shops!

It's very grand inside but I couldn't help thinking how out of place the radiators looked in there.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Good day all, it is now I am home anyway! A very trying day at work today, I am still trying to remember why I enjoy my job

I did see the Small Faces live many years agoand was very disappointed but the supporting act was the incredible and unknown then Madeleine Belle, she made them look like amateurs!

I hope you have all had a good day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 09:11 PM

I was in the White House, saw Capitol building, the Lake of Reflection and the Lincoln Memorial, was also in the FBI building. Loved Washington. Thought the White House was much smaller than it looks on telly! Did all that when I toured the Eastern Seaboard with my late big brother, a good few years ago now!

Wish my speakers were working so that I could have listened to the video clips! I liked the Small Faces.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2010, 04:44 PM

It's a great tourist site, Brandykins. Did you see the Iwo Jima Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial or any of the museums? The Smithsonian is wonderful.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top