Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Re: World gone mad!!

Originally Posted by big ben ->
So now we hear that the words "Ladies and Gentlemen please be seated" are no longer to be used at theatres for fear of offending transgender customers.
Has this world gone completely mad?
Nobody would know who was who BB, because everybody would
sitdown surely?
So no offence could be taken!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Since I am a white, heterosexual, ex working class, still tax paying male who drives a car, served in HM armed forces, is a conservative (with a small ‘C’) and voted for BREXIT I am, therefore, regarded as the Source Of All Evil.
Shame I’m not Jewish as I would be highest scoring card in the Source Of Evil Top Trumps pack.
This also means I am a racist, Islamophobic, misogynistic potential rapist who is also a homophobic, ill informed and facist little Englander who is destroying the environment.
I am seriously considering becoming species free and identifying as a Wart Hog, fat, grumpy, hairy in parts, and snort a lot, hopefully this will cancel out my failings listed above.
I apologise to the millennials for being born.
And warthogs??
Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Since I am a white, heterosexual, ex working class, still tax paying male who drives a car, served in HM armed forces, is a conservative (with a small ‘C’) and voted for BREXIT I am, therefore, regarded as the Source Of All Evil.
Shame I’m not Jewish as I would be highest scoring card in the Source Of Evil Top Trumps pack.
This also means I am a racist, Islamophobic, misogynistic potential rapist who is also a homophobic, ill informed and fascist little Englander who is destroying the environment.
I am seriously considering becoming species free and identifying as a Wart Hog, fat, grumpy, hairy in parts, and snort a lot, hopefully this will cancel out my failings listed above.
I apologise to the millennials for being born.
Don't be so hard on yourself man!..I'm sure you're not so little.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
And warthogs??
Donkeyman!
Don’t mention the warthogs, under represented, subject to ridicule, no body loves a warthog..when was the last time you seen an ad on the tv about fostering a wart hog ? I rest my case.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Don't be so hard on yourself man!..I'm sure you're not so little.
Actually I am Welsh and Englander sounds more refined than Welsher ....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:01 PM

I saw that the other day and thought it was ridiculous. The same you can’t let your hands clap as it frightens some.

Why don’t they just say....

‘Good Evening you load of Plebs. Now you’ve put your fat bums on the seats, the show will now commence’!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I saw that the other day and thought it was ridiculous. The same you can’t let your hands clap as it frightens some.

Why don’t they just say....

‘Good Evening you load of Plebs. Now you’ve put your fat bums on the seats, the show will now commence’!
Hahahahahaha. Love it!!..I vote for that
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am afraid that theatres that go along with this will help create these problems!
If somebody is transgender they would have to consider themselves male or female... so they should decide whether they want to be called a lady or a man..... so in this case there could be no offence.
It is up to the individual how they live, but they can't expect the rest of the world to change things just because they are different!
Male and female are "binary" genders.

As I understand it there is also "transgender" or "non-binary" which is neither sex. This could be bigender or trigender, genderfluid or genderfree, genderqueer.

Faced with such complexity it's easier for a theatre to just change the wording so the show can go on.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some theatregoers are very violent with their hand clapping. I've seen people told off at the opera for clapping too enthusiastically.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
So now we hear that the words "Ladies and Gentlemen please be seated" are no longer to be used at theatres for fear of offending transgender customers.
Has this world gone completely mad?
If anyone doesn't wish to be associated as either a lady or a gentleman, then they can remain standing if they so wish.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top