Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:23 PM

Re: Are you organised?

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That you see it that way seems to indicate that didn't quite understand what I did.

No, we didn't buy the same products every week. Nor did we buy everything that was on the spreadsheet. Not remotely everything. How often do you need goat's cheese? Items for my children's school lunches...............another matter.

It was simply a means of producing a shopping list of what we wanted/needed, printing that out, and avoiding forgetting things.

In short, being organised.
How long does it take you to organise the spreadsheet and make sure you get everything right and then go online and send it, Besoeker? Then you have to wait for delivery and put it all away.

It takes me an hour to do a month's shopping, physically instore.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That you see it that way seems to indicate that didn't quite understand what I did.

No, we didn't buy the same products every week. Nor did we buy everything that was on the spreadsheet. Not remotely everything. How often do you need goat's cheese? Items for my children's school lunches...............another matter.

It was simply a means of producing a shopping list of what we wanted/needed, printing that out, and avoiding forgetting things.

In short, being organised.

In short....being organised..."your way".... I'm organised "my way"...each to their own...

I don't need a shopping,spreadsheet...it's all up top.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In short....being organised..."your way".... I'm organised "my way"...each to their own...
Did you ever get your parking space problem sorted out, Pauline?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:25 PM

I don't believe you eat the same food,week in week out,are you joking?

I think you are.
Monday's......Chips, Beans and Lightly battered Cod.

Tuesday.......Half Pizza, mashed potatoes, lots of veg (carrots Broccoli cauliflower peas)

Wednesday.....Mashed potatoes, Fish and veg...Same as above.

Thursday.....Pasta (Fusilli) Various pasta sauces, Quorn mince and veg....

Friday.....Fresh Salmon, mashed potatoes (sometimes mustard or piccalilli mash) Loads of veg and parsley sauce....

Eating generally should be to provide energy, vitamins and minerals and done for entertainment....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-11-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Tuesday.......Half Pizza, mashed potatoes, lots of veg (carrots Broccoli cauliflower peas)

Friday.....Fresh Salmon, mashed potatoes (sometimes mustard or piccalilli mash) Loads of veg and parsley sauce....

Eating generally should be to provide energy, vitamins and minerals and done for entertainment....
Is that every week? Don't you eat meat or chicken?
That's all lovely food, Bob, but I still wonder why you have the same thing on each day. It's really weird and a bit OCD that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Did you ever get your parking space problem sorted out, Pauline?
I'm waiting for the catch?...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-11-2019, 01:31 PM

I'm waiting for the catch?...
No catch and no wind-up.
I just remember you had issues with your parking space a while ago.

Off topic I suppose but still mildly interesting to find out.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Sorry OGF....I find that boring food....where is the excitement in that food...

I use more ingredients in one meal,than you use in a week...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m fairly organised but not to the extent of using a spreadsheet.

I keep a notebook in the kitchen and just jot down daily anything I need in my next shop. Easy-peasy that way

Same here, Mags.

I'd miss the thrill of cursing and muttering, when I get home and realise I've forgotten something too.
I like to live dangerously y'see.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
How long does it take you to organise the spreadsheet and make sure you get everything right and then go online and send it, Besoeker? Then you have to wait for delivery and put it all away.

It takes me an hour to do a month's shopping, physically instore.
The spread sheet was organised. That was the whole point of making it. All I had to was to tick the appropriate boxes. Seems I can't get that point across you guys.

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top