Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 12:22 AM

Re: Flooding.....

Blimey ..... I've just caught up with this weather news and I'm shocked .....

From the pictures and reports the deluge seems to have been unexpected with thousands of people caught out .....

To all those in the affected areas, especially OGF and family, stay safe .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 06:58 AM

Hi

How are things today OGF?

Luckily no flooding here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:12 AM

Bob, we're all thinking of you on here mate.
It looks very serious this morning.

What always gets me is how councils should have taken heed after previous flooding and created stronger flood defences. 2007's big floods were so damaging yet we still don't have any better support for flooding. Like snow, nothing is done.

Fingers crossed your home is not badly affected Bob. Stay indoors, forget the running and look after your missus until you know you are safe
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:15 AM

Only just read this OGF it's awful. I hope your all ok . Dreadful news
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:43 AM

I hear the River Don has now burst its banks. Awful news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:46 AM

Thinking of you and those in your area Bob, stay safe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:44 AM

Only just seen this thread. I hope you are OK there mate.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:13 AM

And yet builders still build houses on flood plains which nature intended to absorb water. Council should not allowed building in these areas
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mups, Mags and Lion Queen......

Looks like I might have to miss tomorrows five mile run....
Might be a good idea to put your flippers on tommorrow OGF?

Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:54 AM

Thanks for your best wishes everyone, much appreciated.....
The rain eventually stopped late evening and hasn't returned...Yet!
The sun is shining and Friday's five mile run went ahead as planned, thanks Judd....Although the course was drying out there was no way around a couple of massive puddles that must have extended into Lincolnshire.....
So my feet were soaking after just half a mile....

As I crossed the railway bridge I could see the line and station were flooded so all trains have been stopped and several railtrack engineers looked on helpless.

We've managed to remain dry but the river Don has breached its banks in several places and here in Barnby Dun we will not experience the wrath of the river until later when all the water from Sheffield flows down to us. It's usually the following day.

The road has been closed between here and Doncaster, and several people have been seen walking down to the river bridge to observe, I shall go down later and take some photos, apparently the height of the river has exceeded all previous records and not reached full height yet.

This has been OldGreyFox reporting from Doncaster for Over50's Forum....

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top