Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 04:57 PM

Re: Royal Mail/Post Office

It's not only that Tabs, that virus lives on paper and cardboard quite a while. People not cleaning doorbells and letterboxes too.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's not only that Tabs, that virus lives on paper and cardboard quite a while. People not cleaning doorbells and letterboxes too.
Where is the evidence to support what you're claiming ?
If it was as you say why did Boris send out letters to every household ?
Why has my council sent out Community Hub letters outlining what help is available from them if we need it ?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mine's is coming very slowly in bits and pieces, very few items have arrived when they should.

I read somewhere that it's not so much the postmen's fault, it's because a lot of people are off isolating from the sorting office, so the posties are not getting it to deliver.

Look on the bright side Tabs . . . no bills.
Sadly our post is being delivered fine as per usual.
I got my gas, elec, and phone bills last week. Has to be the month the council tax and water bills start for the year. I was feeling rich. I'm skint now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I got my gas, elec, and phone bills last week. Has to be the month the council tax and water bills start for the year. I was feeling rich. I'm skint now.

Aaw, poor you Pesta. It's a bugger when bills all come at once isn't it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aaw, poor you Pesta. It's a bugger when bills all come at once isn't it.

(Rattles tin can).... Anyone wish to donate to a poor OAP? All donations gratefully accepted.

Failing that, I'll have to go work the streets
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:04 PM

Royal Mail has been brilliant in my area. Post has even arrived earlier in the morning at 9am, instead of the usual 11.30 ish.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Pesta did you dare open them ? Tess says the virus is on paper coming through our letterboxes .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Pesta did you dare open them ? Tess says the virus is on paper coming through our letterboxes .
Yet l read differently, that there's no evidence to support that. If you wash your hands immediately after, then you should be ok.

We must all be doing something right as we are still posting on here!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

24-04-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Funnily enough Zuleika I deliberately put post standing up on the hearth or on the floor in the porch for 3 days before I open them.
Then I wash my hands after opening them. It's in my 'paranoid' category.
My daughter tutted when I told her.
Better to be safe than sorry isn't it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:35 PM

Our postman still calls every day but it's more nearer midday than his usual 9.30am

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top