Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:39 PM

Re: Royal Mail/Post Office

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Our postman still calls every day but it's more nearer midday than his usual 9.30am
Mags, Maybe, your postman and my postman have done a swap!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mags, Maybe, your postman and my postman have done a swap!
Could be, Art
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 04:09 AM

Australia Post ia not struggling but it is hamstrung by the lack of domestic flights. This is a big country with 1000s of km between capital cities and their regional areas - mail which once would have gone by air is now either delayed or going by road.

Because of travel restrictions there has also been a big increase in parcel post

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news...es/coronavirus

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Funnily enough Zuleika I deliberately put post standing up on the hearth or on the floor in the porch for 3 days before I open them.
Then I wash my hands after opening them. It's in my 'paranoid' category.
My daughter tutted when I told her.
Better to be safe than sorry isn't it?
Pesta I haven't seen an official warning about paper and our posties delivering every day exposed to it ....not seen a postie wearing a mask ...does away with my fears .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 12:32 PM

The only actual research I can find is about the SARS virus but Covid19 is from the same family.

Research published this week in The New England Journal of Medicine found that SARS-CoV-2 can still survive for hours and in some cases days, outside a host, depending on the type of surface it's on.

The study looked at the stability of the virus in air and on plastic, stainless steel, copper, and cardboard surfaces.

Under experimental conditions, it found that the virus remained viable in air for the entire three-hour experiment.

On surfaces it was more stable on plastic and stainless steel, than it was on either copper or cardboard.

No viable SARS-CoV-2 was detected on the copper surface after four hours, and on the cardboard surface after 24 hours.

Whereas it was still able to be detected up to 72 hours later on the stainless steel and plastic surfaces.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...faces/12074330
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 04:17 PM

It's a damned good job that our posties are, in the main, an honest lot. Today I received my pension payslip and my P60 for my company pension for the last tax year. Other than my name and address on the front, it also had "PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL" and "Contains P60 - do not destroy" on it. In years past, the company has sent both my pension payslip and the P60 together in a plain envelope addressed to me. It couldn't have been a cost saving exercise because both were sent 2nd class, whereas the envelopes previously sent were also 2nd class.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 05:39 PM

The Deadwood Stage arrived today - at last - shot full of Lakota arrows, but they made it through - Doris Day dancing on the roof and Howard Keel slapping the reins.

Brought me some books I had ordered, some Crafty Stuff, a letter from the Council reminding me that I am old and decrepit and should stay indoors so as not to frighten the horses - and a bill!

How very dare they - lock down, a heatwave and a bill! More than flesh and blood can stand. Where did I put the Jameson's?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 07:34 PM

I think our "posties" are doing a pretty good job TBH.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think our "posties" are doing a pretty good job TBH.
So do I. I also received some regular meds and saw this sticker on the package. It was a 'thank you' from the NHS to the Posties for doing such a good job. Isn't that nice?

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Pesta I haven't seen an official warning about paper and our posties delivering every day exposed to it ....not seen a postie wearing a mask ...does away with my fears .

Zuleika, official warning or no official warning, it's just something my paranoid mind wants to do. So, I go with the flow

BTW, have you seen some of the videos circulating on t'internet of despicable posties (of which I hope there are few) caught on camera spitting on the mail, spitting on the letterbox, door handles, door frames, intercoms....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top