Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 09:28 PM

Re: Modern Teaching Methods.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks honeybun.

We should be proud of what we can do, not dwell on what we can't.
I can do a Cliff Richard top lip but only one side.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a fear of maths having been made to sit on the floor in front of the class/do press ups/be beaten with a cane by a maths teacher who hated me from day 1 because he had taught and disliked my sister before me . The result was I 'close down' when faced with numbers.

Before that at primary school I was taught my times tables something which has proved invaluable throughout my life.

I understand the teaching of tables was abandoned for many years and I am glad to see it back at the school my grandchildren attend .
Aaah Meg that's truly shocking. You poor thing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Aaah Meg that's truly shocking. You poor thing

I agree with Pesta.

He'd be in big trouble nowadays for that. Evil old git.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a fear of maths having been made to sit on the floor in front of the class/do press ups/be beaten with a cane by a maths teacher who hated me from day 1 because he had taught and disliked my sister before me . The result was I 'close down' when faced with numbers.

Before that at primary school I was taught my times tables something which has proved invaluable throughout my life.

I understand the teaching of tables was abandoned for many years and I am glad to see it back at the school my grandchildren attend .
That's terrible. that silly old git has affected you for life. it's a pity people like that can't be imprisoned for the misery he inflicted.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top