Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 01:01 PM

Re: Should Children Wear Their School Uniform For Homeschooling During Lockdown?

Some schools have "dress down Fridays" when they don't have to wear school uniforms.

I am sure that many school teachers will have an opinion on this as I have known teachers who work at these schools. They have said that the atmosphere on Fridays was more relaxed but the children were easier to communicate with.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 01:04 PM

Re: Should Children Wear Their School Uniform For Homeschooling During Lockdown?

School uniforms are only necessary in schools to ensure all pupils, or students as they are called these days, are equal in that those with rich parents, such as the Beckhams, cannot indulge their children so making them seem 'better' than others by way of any expensive clothes they may wear. It's also a way of imposing discipline, which from what I see sometimes, is very much needed with some students. Home schooling does not need any of this so the reasons why it should be deemed necessary I cannot understand. Continuing their education despite such difficult times is far more important for today's youngsters I reckon.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't need an excuse for wearing my school uniform....
So that's where your penchant for wearing shorts comes from OGF, they are a hangover from school uniform days! The days when it was short trousers, not forgetting the school cap and tie!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:33 PM

I don't need an excuse for wearing my school uniform....
It's when you start wearing other's (especially female) school uniform that worries us
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
So that's where your penchant for wearing shorts comes from OGF, they are a hangover from school uniform days! The days when it was short trousers, not forgetting the school cap and tie!
I've still got them Baz......
I was once delivering the post in my shorts, jumper and blue royal mail shirt and I overheard two blokes talking "Are they using school kids to deliver the post these days?" I took it as a compliment.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It's when you start wearing other's (especially female) school uniform that worries us
Shussssssssssh Dex, you said you'd never mention that....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:47 PM

Shussssssssssh Dex, you said you'd never mention that....
We had a deal, but your cheque bounced
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-05-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We had a deal, but your cheque bounced
I want the photos back.....
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:53 PM

One hopes that these chaps from Eton, take heed of the wonderful advice from Lord and Lady Beckham!

Baz46

10-05-2020, 02:54 PM

I've still got them Baz......
I was once delivering the post in my shorts, jumper and blue royal mail shirt and I overheard two blokes talking "Are they using school kids to deliver the post these days?" I took it as a compliment.....
It must have been the school satchel that gave the game away!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top