Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 11:16 AM

Video Storage Site.

Does anyone know of a free video hosting site that's similar to the photo one called "postimages.org"

I'm going round in circles with Google, there's plenty of Sites that charge, but the free ones let the world and his wife look at your stuff. I want a simple private storage site that will let me post the video to the likes of this forum, so it needs to be a video site run on the lines of the photo one above.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Re: Video Storage Site.

why not just store to a disc or extrnl hard drive? just use youtube and don't care who sees it. that can be private or public. would have to be pubic to post on here where ever you save to
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 12:39 PM

I may have to do that, I just would prefer it if I could stop people going through everything. I used to use Photobucket and it was so easy to post either pics or videos while keeping my storage page private, then they went and kicked out the free users and started charging. I know there will be one out there, it's just finding it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I may have to do that, I just would prefer it if I could stop people going through everything. I used to use Photobucket and it was so easy to post either pics or videos while keeping my storage page private, then they went and kicked out the free users and started charging. I know there will be one out there, it's just finding it.
You could do as suggested by a previous poster and create your own storage, perhaps on an external drive or just on your own hard drive. Any storage that is currently free can be instantly changed to where it is charged for. If you were to decide you didn't wish to pay then you lose all that's been stored. Having your own, even if it's just saving the You Tube URLs with a description, avoids that problem.

There is free storage available, see link below:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/th...-cloud-storage

This second link from the Martin Lewis MoneySaving website gives information and details of more free storage:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...nline-storage/

Hope this is of some help to you.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

12-05-2020, 12:54 PM

https://imgur.com/

Try that one. You can decided if the material is public or private.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by PSXtreme ->
https://imgur.com/

Try that one. You can decided if the material is public or private.
that is the one I use as well
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

12-05-2020, 05:49 PM

Thanks, I'll look into them tomorrow when I get back onto the desk computer. Hate faffing about with the phone, everything is different from my computer.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

12-05-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
why not just store to a disc or extrnl hard drive? just use youtube and don't care who sees it. that can be private or public. would have to be pubic to post on here where ever you save to
No, it doesn't have to be public. I've linked to items on Imgur that are not available for public viewing on Imgur. You get a link for everything that you upload, it's just not visible in your gallery for everyone on that site. If they can't see it in the gallery, they don't know it's there. Now of course, you'll make it public when you post it up on here, unless you send the link in a PM.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Thanks, I'll look into them tomorrow when I get back onto the desk computer. Hate faffing about with the phone, everything is different from my computer.
I know what you mean about the mobile phone, my problem starts with not being able to properly see the wording on the very small screen. That's rather a handicap before I even start. Much prefer the larger 27" iMac!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top