Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:06 PM

Re: God Help The Generations To Follow!

Julie, hopefully you will be able to get some pension credit benefits when you finally retire. Your Husband should hopefully be claiming disablement, do you drive? you can claim your car tax back if you are designated driver for husband. I don't know a great deal about it, only what I have read. I'm pretty sure UJ knows a lot of what someone in your position working part time and caring for your husband who has a disability, would be able to claim, he's pretty hot on workers rights etc.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Rich get richer,poor get poorer. That's first place to start putting it right. If they want us to have private pensions they have to make sure everyone can afford them.

When the current rules changed the work place pension offered to us where I work needed us all to pay in more than we earned to make a pension worth having.

My husband had a pension last time we looked at it he will get £5 extra a month that was after 17 years of paying in 20 percent of his wages making us really quite hard up

Feel for you Julie, it's okay for those who can afford to pay extra for state pension, but very hard for those who already have to watch every penny.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:52 PM

Hi

A simple fact of life, you get what you pay for.

We pay much less than other Countries for our Pensions, Benefits and Healthcare.

The Triple Lock is unsustainable, it is a bribe for us Oldies paid for by the young.

Both Political Parties are guilty, they have known for years we need to pay more, but have put things off to win elections.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:00 PM

The Tories believe in low taxes because it massively benefits their chums and donors (i.e. the Tories are indirectly funded by the taxpayer), low taxes mean low government expenditure, how can it mean anything else? Thus public services, benefits, etc are cut tot he bine to benefit the Tories and their associates. Much is used off to private business, under the excuse of efficiency. 'Efficiency' in this case is one of those words whose meaning has been bastardised by the Tories and now means 'makes a profit for someone'. That profit, coupled with reduced expenditure, means even less for them who are made to suffer to make the rich richer. Yet still, this army of self-serving, verminous, inhuman, lying ba****ds are still riding fairly high in the polls. Hurrah for the forelock tugging cult! And the powers of propaganda!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The Tories believe in low taxes because it massively benefits their chums and donors (i.e. the Tories are indirectly funded by the taxpayer), low taxes mean low government expenditure, how can it mean anything else? Thus public services, benefits, etc are cut tot he bine to benefit the Tories and their associates. Much is used off to private business, under the excuse of efficiency. 'Efficiency' in this case is one of those words whose meaning has been bastardised by the Tories and now means 'makes a profit for someone'. That profit, coupled with reduced expenditure, means even less for them who are made to suffer to make the rich richer. Yet still, this army of self-serving, verminous, inhuman, lying ba****ds are still riding fairly high in the polls. Hurrah for the forelock tugging cult! And the powers of propaganda!
Hi

Everybody needs to pay more Tax, not just the Mega Rich.

We simply do not have enough Mega Rich to pay for our lifestyle.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Everybody needs to pay more Tax, not just the Mega Rich.

We simply do not have enough Mega Rich to pay for our lifestyle.
I was led to believe from The Sunday Times Rich List earlier this year that the top 5 wealthiest people in this country "earn" more (or have more wealth) than the rest of us put together.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:33 PM

Don't worry too much in advance, it has already been , virtually agreed, that the world is facing another major recession within the next couple of years.

If they are so confident, then I would like to know if it is something that can be 'arranged' ?

Sell your shares , go in holiday and find a cosy island somewhere that grows bananas and fig leaves..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was led to believe from The Sunday Times Rich List earlier this year that the top 5 wealthiest people in this country "earn" more (or have more wealth) than the rest of us put together.
Exactly their money makes money and ours just about makes ends meet if we are lucky. They don't pay near enough IMO
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
Well... Christmas is coming And there is the £10 Christmas bonus. Which was launched by the Tory Party in 1972. And still the same today.
If my calculations are correct, we should be getting at least £135 now .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi

Here it is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday...Rich_List_2018

Half of the top 12 have dual citizenship so can just leave takinng their money with them.

If we took all the money they have from them it is enoouth to pay for less than 2 years, after that it is gone and down to the rest of us to pay from then on.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top