Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:01 PM

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Gender-Neutral Playing cards?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
John, This reminds me being told by a friend lately that they were watching the news where someone in America was saying a prayer. At the end of the prayer they said, Amen and awomen!
If that happened then whoever came out with it needs a pull through with a Christmas tree. Amen is a real Hebrew word meaning variations of truth, awoman is meaningless.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 02:03 PM

Amen...for me means, after a prayer..being in agreement...if I’m not, then I don’t say ,Amen.

Awoman....is pulling the Michael, imo.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:04 PM

What the promotors of 'gender fluidity' etc etc fail to acknowledge is the simple fact that for mammals, sexual activity between male and female is the basis for the continuation of the species. It is the NATURAL basis for our continuing existence as a species. It is, statistically and scientifically speaking, NORMAL!
That is not to say that people who do not fit into the male/female scenario are lesser human beings or should be treated any differently, but neither should we deny the reality of nature and pretend that the male/female dichotomy is not the norm. I remember reading some research about the public perception of the proportion of gay people in society. The ONS in 2020, based on serious research, estimates that some 2.2% of the population identifies as gay, lesbian or bisexual. The public perception, however, is that some 25-30% of people are gay, lesbian or bisexual.
For some reason, we ae trying to convince ourselves that gay is the new normal. I'll say again - I do not believe that people who do not fit into the male/female dichotomy should be discriminated against or treated worse than anyone else, but it does raise interesting questions about why we are so keen to deny the natural.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You may be right Todge, ain't seen a Jack the Lad for ages.
Or a Jill the Wench for that matter.

As for the playing cards, it will always be King, Queen, Jack for me. If they are changed, what would you call a Royal Flush in Whist, Bridge, etc?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Will you be buying a deck of gender-neutral playing cards? The King, Queen and Jack are replaced by gold, silver and bronze cards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re_article-top
Is this for real what’s next? Gender neutral Kings and Queens? What are they going to call them Queeing?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
What the promotors of 'gender fluidity' etc etc fail to acknowledge is the simple fact that for mammals, sexual activity between male and female is the basis for the continuation of the species. It is the NATURAL basis for our continuing existence as a species. It is, statistically and scientifically speaking, NORMAL!
That is not to say that people who do not fit into the male/female scenario are lesser human beings or should be treated any differently, but neither should we deny the reality of nature and pretend that the male/female dichotomy is not the norm. I remember reading some research about the public perception of the proportion of gay people in society. The ONS in 2020, based on serious research, estimates that some 2.2% of the population identifies as gay, lesbian or bisexual. The public perception, however, is that some 25-30% of people are gay, lesbian or bisexual.
For some reason, we ae trying to convince ourselves that gay is the new normal. I'll say again - I do not believe that people who do not fit into the male/female dichotomy should be discriminated against or treated worse than anyone else, but it does raise interesting questions about why we are so keen to deny the natural.
Insightful
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:23 PM

There's something a bit queer about andy pandy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 08:26 PM

I read it in the Daily Mail ...

Poker is now called Woker.

HaHa only joking.

or am I?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-01-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I don't care if they have Curly, Larry, Mo and Rin Tin Tin on them as long as I win.
Competitive much?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Is this for real what’s next? Gender neutral Kings and Queens? What are they going to call them Queeing?
I'm not changing my title for no bugger, I'll always be the Lion Queen and my husband is the King (I'm boss tho)

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top