Join for free
Page 47 of 55 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 04:48 PM

Re: What books are you reading now?

Oh I used to play online scrabble on my iPad, but have recently stopped, I got fed up with each game taking days and days, and also with some of the rather strange American spellings.
philwhiteland
Derbyshire, UK
philwhiteland is male  philwhiteland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Just finishing The World according to Bertie and will be starting The Unbearable Lightness of Scones next. Both by Alexander McCall Smith.

I think I prefer the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency by him and other books about Precious.
Have you tried The Sunday Philosophy Club? It's not Precious Ramotswe by a long chalk but I enjoyed it.
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 08:40 PM

Daisymay. Scrabble is in a new format now, we can play anyone in the world, USA/Canada were excluded on the old version. Americans have weird spellings.
You can access Scrabble via Facebook,you don't have to use FB if you don't want but it the only way to access the game on-line.I play people from all over the world, learn a lot about other Countries. I play about 6 games at once half from different time zones and the others in the Uk so I have continuity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 10:35 AM

Arena One: Slaverunners (PART ONE) (Book #1 ) by Morgan Rice only half way through book one but finding it hard to put down !

It's free too on kindle ! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arena-One-Sl...s=slaverunners
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:38 PM

I've just finished reading A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick, and have now started on The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick.

After that I'll be reading Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs followed by Hilary Mantel's Change of Climate.

I don't have a kindle because I much prefer to read from a "proper" book and reading from a kindle just isn't the same.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:46 PM

I love my Kindle, my arthritic shoulders were really painful when I tried reading in bed. My Kindle also is small enough to slip in my bag so my book is always with me. One of the most important things about the Kindle is the ability to read without the light on and also to be able to see the pages in bright sunshine.

I am getting freebies from Amazon some of them are good some are not however, you do have to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I haven't read a Dean Koontz book for some years! Koontz and King were favourites of mine .. I'll have to look False Memory up, is it any good?

No, I don't like Mills and Boon type novels either.
I've just finished reading False Memory,an excellent read about a scary subject,

Now reading Cold Shoulder by Lynda La Plante,can't put it down!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I love my Kindle, my arthritic shoulders were really painful when I tried reading in bed. My Kindle also is small enough to slip in my bag so my book is always with me. One of the most important things about the Kindle is the ability to read without the light on and also to be able to see the pages in bright sunshine.

I am getting freebies from Amazon some of them are good some are not however, you do have to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince.
Yes to all of that also don't need my glasses as I can make text bigger is a great thing I think, wearing glasses in bed is not so easy.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Yes I forgot that one Julie, although I said I didn't want one, I am so glad I was ignored.
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Arena One: Slaverunners (PART ONE) (Book #1 ) by Morgan Rice only half way through book one but finding it hard to put down !

It's free too on kindle ! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arena-One-Sl...s=slaverunners
Thanks for that link Julie, I have just downloaded it to my Kindle.

Page 47 of 55 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top