Join for free
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Jeffery Archer

'Be careful what you wish for' is an excellent book, I don't like the man but, he can tell stories that flow with no 'fill in banter'.

I do like political yarns.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Re: Jeffery Archer

I think his short stories are excellent. Can't be doing with political novels though. I couldn't care less what sort of man he is, it's his writing skill I admire.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 06:04 PM

Yup, agree on both counts. I've enjoyed many of his books and short stories.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:13 PM

I understood that most of them are/were ghost-written (if that's a word!).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I understood that most of them are/were ghost-written (if that's a word!).
That doesn't necessarily mean that he did not write them, Orangutan. I am currently 'ghost writing' the biography of one of our local celebrities. She wants her story to be told - and it is an interesting one - but doesn't feel up to writing it herself. I have her diaries and a pile of notebooks to work from and she proof-reads/corrects every stage.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:18 AM

I also like Jeffrey Archers books, they are easy to read and I don't mind a bit of political intrigue.

It is pleasant to get away from the murders that I read.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top