Join for free
Page 33 of 79 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 11:24 AM

Re: What do you remember???

Originally Posted by Old git ->
in the sixties and early seventies a lot of people got high on the sounds and didn't need the weed.

I beleve we did-our parents didn`t like it,never had children so cannot comment but this stuff was my stuff(I also played table tennis for youth clubs before going oop North to University though-so not a total dope head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3R2P...eature=related
I hadn't heard that before and the interview afterwards is wonderful, I think that this will be my new saying for the year 'I like to believe that oysters transcend national barriers'. 
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 05:30 PM

Today I have been talking with BIL/SIL about the days when we were just young teenagers and the things that we got up to.

I used to smoke( Until my mum found out and threatened to tell my dad ), gave up instantly age the age of 15, anyway, we talked about Pasha, the ciggies that used to spit out at you. Anyone remember those?

Anyone remember pinching beetroots from the field, plaiting the stalks and using them as clubs? lol

Do you also remember Rock around the Clock first coming to a cinema near you?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 06:23 PM

I don't remember Pasha, I remember Rock around the Clock with Bill Hayley coming out on record and my big brother who was then doing his 'call up' buying the record.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 08:03 PM

My pals and I used to buy cinammon sticks and smoke them!

I also remember buying 3d worth of prawns from the man who came round with a barrow selling them outside the primary school I went to in Govan I would squeeze thru' the railings and run over the road to get them. They were wrapped up in newspapers!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 08:22 PM

A bad memory-my father was a shit. I asked him if he could help me change my brake blocks on my bike.

"when you are a man you can do it youself"

So this little boy was up to this police man to get his flag.

Crap brake blocks.

I said I did ask but my dad wouldn`t help

Police man says-If I asked your dad would he say that?.

Bastard-little boys are never believed
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2010, 08:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwJyO7xA9h8 Camay ad from the 70's! I hated that soap, made my skin dry!!

I remember Smith's crisps as well, with the wee blue bag of salt - I liked the salt better!! Crisps don't taste the same now!

I remember OMO - anyone remember Rinso? I think that's what it was!

Ach those were the days
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-06-2010, 08:56 PM

I remember Camay. My teacher called me Camay as when he told me I smelled nice I told him I used Camay soap so he told the class my new name was Camay.

My favourite advert was for R Whites Lemonade. I don't remember Rinso but I do remember a bloke going around knocking on doors doing the Daz or Omo challenge.
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 08:02 AM

Brandykins - I had a packet of SMITH's crisps yesterday with the packet of salt- delicious got them from Tesco.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

09-06-2010, 08:19 AM

Oh thank you for that info, SM, I must go into Tesco next time I am in Glasgow and get a packet! No Tesco's beside me! Every other supermarket but them!

Thanks again
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-06-2010, 11:45 AM

I remember my first Tesco shop, it was very tiny, there were other supermarkets, Sainsbury was still an over the counter grocer but Tesco gave green shield stamps so Tesco all those years ago got my money.

Page 33 of 79 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top