Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Re: shower

Only trouble is the stone is porous, so it has to be sealed every couple of years.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No bath just a shower with sliding doors. The plumber wanted to install one of those vertical rails with an adjustable, holdable shower head on a hose - what on earth are the point of those? Told him to put a proper shower in with no water saving devices either; I like a soaking shower not to have to run around to get wet. The only thing I would change is perhaps to put in a bigger shower rose, say 250mm diameter.

I wouldn't want an overhead shower rose because my hair would get wet wouldn't it.

An adjustable one you can move up or down and take off for doing 'other bits' seems far more sensible than having to stand on one's head, which can be dangerous, especially in wet conditions.
I like my gadgets to be versatile.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
We have a separate Shower Cubicle. I would never fully tile a Bathroom again, before our last refurb, I fully tiled the bathroom on the pretext it would be easy to clean, I had mid green tiles on the bottom, a bullnose trim halfway up, and a mid cream tile on top, it was very tasteful but resembled a Victorian Public Lavatory.
Now it is very modern, half tiled with stone mosaics in the cubicle area, and above the hand basin, the walls are then Emulsioned, which at the drop of a hat can be painted in a variety of shades, to give a decorative lift as required.
Goodness Paul you are fashionably modern ..
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 05:19 PM

We have a P shaped bath and shower screen. My son-in-law refitted the bathroom for us.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
We have a P shaped bath and shower screen. My son-in-law refitted the bathroom for us.
Do you ever bash your elbows on it and is it easy to keep clean ?

I live in an area which has really hard water
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I wouldn't want an overhead shower rose because my hair would get wet wouldn't it.

An adjustable one you can move up or down and take off for doing 'other bits' seems far more sensible than having to stand on one's head, which can be dangerous, especially in wet conditions.
I like my gadgets to be versatile.
I like the ones you can move up and down or take off too. Very useful for 'the bits' and also if someone in the household is taller than you. Great for doing the dog in the shower too. I can't get on with the fix head ones at all - if ever we go away and there is a fixed head shower, I'm most unhappy
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 08:30 PM

One of the reasons why we are holding back on getting our one in the video working fully is it looks as if some of the jets are pointing upwards a bit and that worries me as to what part that they may hit.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
One of the reasons why we are holding back on getting our one in the video working fully is it looks as if some of the jets are pointing upwards a bit and that worries me as to what part that they may hit.
Oh blimey ... doesn't bear (or should that be bare ?) thinking about

apologies for being silly today ... there's a reason for everything
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 08:48 PM

Rachel
My motto is try and make someone smile somewhere once a day, if if it gives a little boost to a rotton day
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Rachel
My motto is try and make someone smile somewhere once a day, if if it gives a little boost to a rotten day
That's a good maxim

Laughter is a wonderful antidote to any kind of depression ~ gets the serotonin moving in the right direction.

Maybe we all need to be more flippant

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top