Join for free
Page 14 of 21 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:11 PM

Re: A Cheer For Boris!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Don't be so sure about that.
I have a feeling that Boris has a raft of announcements planned for the next few days just as a starter.
I am not sure of it Zaph, it's just a feeling l have ?
Watching how a lot of our citizens have behaved during Brexit and
during this pandemic , l don't think they are up to the challenges
they will have to meet to see it through ?
It's not over yet, there is still 5yrs to go before we can lay claim to
our territory again?
There will be an election before then?
Then what??
I hope you are right and Boris does as you believe, and l must say l
was pleasantly surprised at his performance so far !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I see the propaganda to start a new partnership with EU has already
started?And the graphs demonstrating the loss of economy etc are
being rolled out again on TV !!
Our remainer fifth column has already started to find ways to get
"closer" to the EU again??

We should be weaning ourselves off of our dependency on EU
goods,not looking for ways to continue as before !!
I suspect that instead of using the opportunity to consolidate the
gains made by this "deal",we will squander them away and we will
continue to, much as before,with the ridiculous hordes of trucks
streaming across the channel every day and night, instead of seeking
out alternative suppliers etc?
Brexit was supposed to be the springboard for real change in UK,
but l fear that we will , in the next 5 years just slowly slide back to
the same old, same old again!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Especially when you've got vocal gobshites like Simon Sharma (who lives in America BTW), A.C. Grayling and some none-entity called Femi who created a pro-EU group advocating a return to the EU (talk about trying to keep yourself in a well-paid job). They're starting a campaign to rejoin the monstrous edifice - hopefully, it should go the same way as the Anna Sourby `Change UK` movement.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Doubt he would want one, seems they are only for abject failures as far as former PM's go.
And tax Dodgers Cinders???

Donkeyman! 👎👎
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Judd! She said everything that most Brexiteers would have said.....but possibly in a more polite manner than some of us would!

Excellent speech by Kate Hooey. I was so pleased to hear her praise Nigel Farage. We all owe him a great debt.

Here's to 11pm tonight, I hope everyone, Leavers and Remainers, will raise a glass to the future prosperity for the United Kingdom. It's been a hard won fight and there are still many who are against this country succeeding with Brexit, but I'll just say ''To hell with you! You lost! now take your four and a half years constant whining, whinging opposition elsewhere and watch as this great country succeeds.'' CHEERS !
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:43 PM

And tax Dodgers Cinders???

Donkeyman! 👎👎
In all likelihood.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:50 PM

I am not sure of it Zaph, it's just a feeling l have ?
Watching how a lot of our citizens have behaved during Brexit and
during this pandemic , l don't think they are up to the challenges
they will have to meet to see it through ?
It's not over yet, there is still 5yrs to go before we can lay claim to
our territory again?
There will be an election before then?
Then what??
I hope you are right and Boris does as you believe, and l must say l
was pleasantly surprised at his performance so far !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Is I have said before Donkeyman, such pessimism after these past years is quite understandable.

There will AS ALWAYS be highs and lows in times ahead, but that has been the case throughout history.
Myself I firmly believe that we are on the cusp of a new era which will see us prosper in areas unimaginable when constrained by others.
The whole world is seeing huge change.
We are ideally situated to benefit hugely from new opportunities provided by the challenges and changes ahead.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
excellent speech by kate hooey. I was so pleased to hear her praise nigel farage. We all owe him a great debt.

Here's to 11pm tonight, i hope everyone, leavers and remainers, will raise a glass to the future prosperity for the united kingdom. It's been a hard won fight and there are still many who are against this country succeeding with brexit, but i'll just say ''to hell with you! You lost! Now take your four and a half years constant whining, whinging opposition elsewhere and watch as this great country succeeds.'' cheers !
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Especially when you've got vocal gobshites like Simon Sharma (who lives in America BTW), A.C. Grayling and some none-entity called Femi who created a pro-EU group advocating a return to the EU (talk about trying to keep yourself in a well-paid job). They're starting a campaign to rejoin the monstrous edifice - hopefully, it should go the same way as the Anna Sourby `Change UK` movement.
You can include Lord Adonis in that list, Judd, according to this in today's DE: https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...in-leaves-11pm

I don't remember ever hearing Kate Hooey being so eloquent as in that speech. Good for her.

We have a bottle of Kentish fizz in the fridge for later.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wasn't missing the point Bruce, I was saying that if people who chose to live in Australian want to work in Europe, then they need to follow the new rules to do so! If that is the only reason they have dual nationality then "hard luck" because the people who live in the UK will not stay in the EU to satisfy their needs.
Why do they choose to have dual nationality? If they don't need it I doubt that any Brexiteer will object to them becoming full Australian citizens.... especially when so many have been so rude about the country they chose to have a passport from.
Well said, Twinkle.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They are full Australian citizens just as they are full British citizens. I am a dual national though personally I haven't had a British Passport for decades however I am still entitled to one. Whether a Brexiteer or Remainer objects to that is of no concern.
From what you have said, your original post was suggesting that dual nationality Australians will now find it more difficult to work in Europe. I am not sure if you were complaining that our vote to leave the EU was wrong , but whatever the reason they can still have a British passport if that is their choice.
I am just trying to understand the reason for the original post. Surely you were not suggesting that those with dual nationality should have been able to vote in the British Referendum?

Page 14 of 21 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top