Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Re: 7 continents 1planet

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The climate is changing Muddy as you so rightly point out, at least we can agree on that. But the climate is not, and never has been static...
There have been drought and forest fires since time began. The seeds of some trees actually only germinate after a period of 'raging inferno's' it is one of nature's way of clearing out the old and replacing it with new.

Mountains and valleys have been forged by receding ice and flood, where were humans then Muddy....Humans do not have the power to prevent climate change, no more than we have the power to alter gravity all beit on a small scale.
Even if humans have contributed to the speed of that change (which I very much doubt) change is coming and is inevitable.

Humans have not inhabited this planet long enough to experience all of the facets of climate change. Some previous occupants have, and are now extinct.
Here in the western world and elsewhere, we have fashioned out a very comfortable existence, one that cannot be sustained. And as sure as eggs is eggs it will eventually come to a sticky end, but you and me have no need to worry Muddy because we'll be long gone....
Brilliant post. Real food for thought and I think you are right foxy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh well Foxy, you are right about ...
'haunting voice of an Old Croaky Guy'
I can't bear it.
I've always been optimistic d00d, and showing us the beauty of the Antarctic deserves an upbeat voice with enthusiasm, not a voice full of defeat and despair.....But I fear the BBC know exactly why they do it.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:45 PM

I prefer to take the word of David Attenborough a man who cares for the planet
Optimism is one thing head in the sand obtuseness is another .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So do I, he's a man who really cares for our planet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:54 PM

I care for the future of mankind, the planet will take care of itself......If I'm burying my head in the sand Muddy, you are being conned.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:59 PM

Afraid not OGF but never mind .
The planet will probably see you and I out .
Unless there is drastic change it won’t be the same for our children and grandchildren.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 11:57 PM

Unless there is drastic change it won’t be the same for our children and grandchildren.
Or even our Great Grand Children.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Or even our Great Grand Children.
Alas Muddy and Tiff, they will be part of the problem and not a consequence of our problems....

We are being missdirected and deceived, whether this is intentional by the media and establishment, or the fact that people can not honestly see the problem.

We have nothing to fear from the climate, we must adapt, yes, but the real problem facing mankind is mankind itself.....At our present rate of progress we have become too expensive for our existence. We are taking too much from the planet, and although she has gone about it all wrong, Greta is kinda right.

Imagine a person from the nineteen fifties.....In the last seventy years everyone wants a mobile phone, Computer, TV, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, car, warm house in winter, cold house in summer, even a house in most cases!......All the things that a fifties person didn't have.

Progress is the enemy of the human race, we will comfort ourselves into oblivion, but how can we expect to ask this, or future generations to go back in time and do without these things....You want the best for your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, but we are sending them to oblivion.

No!......Climate change is not our problem, we are!.....and the sooner that we stop pulling the wool over our eyes about climate change and face the real problems that face us...someone else will and yes, our kids will suffer....

Climate change has been rammed down our throats to blind us to what is really happening in the world....Wake up!
We are being conned into wasting our energies into trying to change something we cannot change, while being diverted from the real problem of something that we can change....
Could it possibly be that there are a lot of people making a lot of money out of progress?
And also making a lot of money from making you believe that you can prevent climate change?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

30-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Well. OGF whatever happens it won't be a problem for us to bother about, if what you are typing is true.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 09:04 PM

I am finding this programme almost too painful to watch

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top