Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 03:46 PM

Smuggled - Absolutely shocking

I've just watched a programme that was aired on 4th November on Channel 4 which we had recorded.
It was about showing how easy it is to get into Britain from abroad.

Smuggler 1 was an elderly couple who own a motorhome and Channel 4 took the ladies passport away and her husband attempted to smuggle her into Britain hiding under seats in the motorhome

Smuggle 2 was a man who tried to cross the seas on a dinghy

Smuggle 3 was someone who was coming in the country in a lorry and one bloke was hidden behind seats covered with blankets

Smuggle 4 was an Asian man who was using another Asian mans passport.

I'm horrified to say every single one of these four people were successful in getting into this country undetected.

I#m going to watch episode 2 later this afternoon.

Did you see it? It's really shocking to realise how easy it is to get into this country without being checked and detected. There is no hope unless something is seriously done about the border control.

I get they can't really check every single vehicle that comes across the border as the delays would be horrendous but 4 OUT OF 4 getting in? That's just terrible and shocking. More checks need to be done!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Re: Smuggled - Absolutely shocking

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've just watched a programme that was aired on 4th November on Channel 4 which we had recorded.
It was about showing how easy it is to get into Britain from abroad.

Smuggler 1 was an elderly couple who own a motorhome and Channel 4 took the ladies passport away and her husband attempted to smuggle her into Britain hiding under seats in the motorhome

Smuggle 2 was a man who tried to cross the seas on a dinghy

Smuggle 3 was someone who was coming in the country in a lorry and one bloke was hidden behind seats covered with blankets

Smuggle 4 was an Asian man who was using another Asian mans passport.

I'm horrified to say every single one of these four people were successful in getting into this country undetected.

I#m going to watch episode 2 later this afternoon.

Did you see it? It's really shocking to realise how easy it is to get into this country without being checked and detected. There is no hope unless something is seriously done about the border control.

I get they can't really check every single vehicle that comes across the border as the delays would be horrendous but 4 OUT OF 4 getting in? That's just terrible and shocking. More checks need to be done!
Hi

We can check every vehicle, that is the rub.

Staff are told not too because of staff cuts.

The shortages are so acute they are bussing people around, so 3 hours work only out of a full shift.

We cannot reconcile those who arrive with those who leave

You can arrive on a student visa and never attend and work full at ASDA for example and the system will not pick you up.

There is no such thing as Free Movement from the EU.

We can refuse to accept those with criminal convictions.

We choose not to check.

The entire thing is now a joke.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 04:10 PM

It is indeed a joke.

That, I'm sure, is one of the main reasons they seem to gravitate to the UK. It's so easy to get in.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Yes I saw it and am appalled. Not one was caught. How many illegals get in this way
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 05:55 PM

Hi

Things changed with the Coalition, cost savings were everything and the Politicians simply lied to you.

May was a complete disaster and Boris is even worse.

He wants to give all the illegals an Amnesty.

Glad I am out of it.

Early retired, technically still available to work if required until the Middle of December, but certified unfit to return.

Heaven.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top