Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:57 PM

Re: Dirty Tory B*****ds.

We've had this discussion before, over the hardening of prices, for pharmacy products, in any trade deal, with the US.

What doesn't get mentioned is that the same demands will be made, on our EU friends, as the EU will, presumably, have to sign up for those prices as well.

I would think that the document being waved around by Corbyn, will be the same document the EU will be reading.

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:15 PM

Anyone remember a few years ago the issue TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) caused with regards to the NHS?

The US and EU were trying to work out a trade deal (TTIP) but some eagle eyed people who read the documents noted that if TTIP was signed and sealed, it would allow US medical insurance companies a way to get their hands on the NHS, effectively privatising it, by being able to take the UK government to court on trade competition laws, or something to that effect. David Cameron who was PM at the time refused to agree to TTIP unless the NHS was taken off the negotiating table or their was a written guarantee that the NHS was not included in any TTIP deal. The US would not agree to this therefore Cameron said the UK could not accept TTIP. Eventually TTIP was sidelined BUT it shows that even back then, the Conservatives would not allow the NHS to be used in any trade deal so i am not sure why Corbyn would think the Conservatives would sell out the NHS this time around.

The NHS whilst struggling most of the time, is an integral part of UK society and life and i personally do not think any political party would be stupid enough to sacrifice the NHS in any trade deal because if that were to ever happen I do honestly think there would be life threatening trouble for any MP who votes to give up the NHS.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:37 PM

Health is a devolved matter under the control of the Scottish Government, who are busy involving American companies.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...P-cost-cutting
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
If this is true they deserve to be shot as Traitors.

Oh Nooooo, We won't sell off the NHS...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...qZUgjQCdRBp0hE
Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I don't believe a word the Labour Party says Meg, no more than I believe what the Tories say..
Corbyn reveals secret documents
In that case you are saying you don't believe the article Roxy which make the thread title a little over the top...

Or it could have been 'Dirty Labour and Tory bastards' though I am not in favour of name calling myself I think it unnecessary.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:57 PM

Yes Probably it does Meg, but I was angry at the time and as I said earlier, I wanted to share it, but as I also said......Lesson Learned, no more sharing.
I don't know if I believe it or not. No smoke without fire comes to mind.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top