Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:26 PM

TV Interviews

Just watched Boris on Andrew Marr and switched it off after a few minutes.

Marrs constant interrupting and finger pointing is not what an interview is all about. All these interviews and tv debates should be scrapped because it's all about the presenters trying to get cheap shots by behaving like a hack.

I hope the BBC, Sky, Channel 4 are taken apart by the regulators for these stupid stunts.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: TV Interviews

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just watched Boris on Andrew Marr and switched it off after a few minutes.

Marrs constant interrupting and finger pointing is not what an interview is all about. All these interviews and tv debates should be scrapped because it's all about the presenters trying to get cheap shots by behaving like a hack.

I hope the BBC, Sky, Channel 4 are taken apart by the regulators for these stupid stunts.
I haven't watched the Marr interview yet, but have seen many.

What is not acceptable is for MP's to be given free rein without on the spot questioning about the validity of their claim.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:33 PM

I watched towards the end of the interview and it was a very chaotic interview as neither of them would give in and allow the other to speak!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 07:04 PM

I did watch the 'interview' or should I say 2 people speaking over each other.

These interviews are pointless, the politicians have a set script from which they will not deviate and the interviewers are looking for sound bites to dominate the media and to add to their reputation.

Marr is a dreadfully inept interviewer who should have been pensioned off years ago .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I did watch the 'interview' or should I say 2 people speaking over each other.

These interviews are pointless, the politicians have a set script from which they will not deviate and the interviewers are looking for sound bites to dominate the media and to add to their reputation.

Marr is a dreadfully inept interviewer who should have been pensioned off years ago .
Indeed ..... there's nothing to be gained from TV interviews .....
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Marr might not be terribly good but Johnson is a boorish, rude, buffoon with an overdeveloped sense of his own worth and entitlement. His behaviour with Marr was a disgrace. But, isn't he always like that?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 07:27 PM

I watched Sophie Ridge interviewing Corbyn and Raab. What a contrast... well done Sophie
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed ..... there's nothing to be gained from TV interviews .....
A lot to be gained by tv interviews.

To show the interviewer is a MORON.

A case .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSWghcYdCA
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

A case .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSWghcYdCA

I watched that. Peterson gave her a good lesson she won't forget in a hurry

The one with piers morgan and ben Shapiro about gun laws is a classic too
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

That's just wasted time, then .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top