Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 10:15 PM

Takaya - lone wolf

I'm really being carried away into a different place of beauty, peace and wilderness watching this beautifully shot documentary about a Canadian photographer charting the life of a lone wolf on Vancouver Island. It's on BBC4 for anyone interested. Very much recommend it if you want to escape from the deep midwinter.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 10:23 PM

Re: Takaya - lone wolf

Sounds lovely - I'll see if I can find it on catch up on the old PC.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 10:42 PM

It's fascinating ST. Really demonstrates how little humans understand wolves and how incredibly intelligent and resourceful they are.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 12:25 AM

I missed that programme Annie, pity.

Whenever I see anything about wolves though, I think of this man, Shaun Ellis.

Many years ago he used to visit our dog training club, smashing bloke he was. He came to my house once to see my German Shepherds too, and loved my Biff.

I remember him living with the wolves - really living with them, sleeping with them, eating with them and so on, until he was accepted as one of them.

I think he used to look after the wolves at Longleet in the earlier days.
I haven't seen him for years now. It seems he is in Devon. I have his book here too.

Here's a picture I found of him with his beloved wolves.

And his wife:

And this is the animals if they don't know you!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 12:50 AM

Fabulous photos, Mups. I love wolves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Fabulous photos, Mups. I love wolves.

Thanks Tabby, but I cannot take credit for them, I found them in the a write up about him.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top