Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 04:36 PM

Re: Is You a He or is You a She?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I learnt a little Danish, my colleagues thought it hilarious to tell me what to say in bars and supermarkets, though the reactions from staff weren't quite what I expected
They probably didn't understand you. I don't mean to criticize your Danish, it's just that I cannot understand how even the Danes can understand one another! You know that Danish is really Swedish ..... spoken with rocks in your mouth. I live the other end of bridge from Copenhagen. I can read Danish - NO PROBLEM - but when go over I speak English with them! I am serious. No joke. They ought to be ashamed of themselves!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 04:57 PM

I can see your point.
I once heard Danish described as Swedish spoken with a throat infection.

I also saw a Swedish instruction booklet and it was almost the same as written Danish, my colleague said he couldn't speak Swedish but could read it.

You've just confirmed his descriptions.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:57 PM

DIDN'T BOTHER EITHER 'looks like i wanna bin it ....lol....
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:17 PM

I can see your point.
I once heard Danish described as Swedish spoken with a throat infection.

I also saw a Swedish instruction booklet and it was almost the same as written Danish, my colleague said he couldn't speak Swedish but could read it.
There you are are. As a general rule, Swedish is spoken as it's written, once you know how it's pronounced that is - whereas Danish tosses out the last half of each word, pronounding it like this in one sentence and like that in another one.

You've just confirmed his descriptions.
My pleasure! And it's OK for you to say so, but if I tell a Dane that I'll get my head bashed in. They are very sensitive about it when in the presence of a Swede. This why I only speak English when I'm in Denmark. They honestly believe that if they understand me that I ought to understand them ..... I don't.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:31 PM

I met a Swedish girl(Charlotte) in Tenerife, the best two years of my life followed.

She was definitely a she(just to keep it on topic)I grew up very fast.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

31-01-2016, 06:48 PM

I met a Swedish girl(Charlotte) in Tenerife, the best two years of my life followed.

She was definitely a she(just to keep it on topic)I grew up very fast.
Two years together in Tenerife? That'd be the best 2 years of anyone's life. Sex, sea, and paella!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Two years together in Tenerife? That'd be the best 2 years of anyone's life. Sex, sea, and paella!
Unfortunately not, I met her in Tenerife, I was on holiday and so was she.

We met up quite often over the next two years, England, Sweden, Majorca, Italy and Denmark.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 07:19 PM

I always though a hen was a female adult egg.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

31-01-2016, 07:21 PM

Unfortunately not, I met her in Tenerife, I was on holiday and so was she.

We met up quite often over the next two years, England, Sweden, Majorca, Italy and Denmark.
Oh, how I miss the romance of youth! Few responsibilties! No AIDS! What happened, Tpin? How did we become old? What day ....... what moment did it happen?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 07:24 PM

I'm not old, I'm still only 21, though my battered body refuses to agree.

I would love my youth back, I think these are wonderful and exciting times.
Mankind is on the brink of great things imo, to be 21 again would be brilliant.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top